Current Spike in Gas Prices

How are gas prices affecting your travel plans?

• Makes no difference, I'm hitting the road!

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Ouch, I'm staying close to home, shorter trips

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • My wallet is empty, no trips for me.

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
MarkBC said:
Yesterday I paid $2.999/gal for regular in Texas on I-10, west of Houston.
Today I paid $2.899/gal in Louisiana on I-10, just east of the Texas border.
$2.00 and $2.10 a gallon less than in our hometown

Diesel in Western Massachusetts is $4.29 4/1/23.
In Baja last month it came out to $4.99/gal

Currently it's hovering around $4.00 +/- $0.10 for diesel in the Mid Atlantic, which is lower than its been in a while.

Most places I felt fine if I hunted the Pemex places as they buy from US and it is all low sulfur. I stayed away from other brands. I also kept 6 gallons of diesel in 3 2 gallon tanks just in case. But no... no problems. I noticed ...could be my imagination... my Regen occurred more often. AND.... bring an extra DEF 2.5 gallon... real hard to find.

Regular gas went up to $4.80/gal a couple of months ago in Tucson and has just recently begun to come down. It is ~$4.20 in most places around town, but can be found a bit lower if you search.

MarkBC said:
Here in Eagle Pass, Texas (right on the MX border), regular is 2.99/gal.
:eek:
This was actually just a gas-price sighting. It got better in Del Rio, TX (another border town), where I filled up my just reacquired F150: $2.949/gal

IMG_20230608_121007.jpg

MarkBC said:
This was actually just a gas-price sighting. It got better in Del Rio, TX (another border town), where I filled up my just reacquired F150: $2.949/gal
Congrats on getting your truck back........and a cheap(er) tank of gas! :)

MarkBC said:
Mark, I’m glad you got your truck back! I hope all is repaired the way you wanted!

ski3pin said:
Congrats on getting your truck back........and a cheap(er) tank of gas! :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Mark, I’m glad you got your truck back! I hope all is repaired the way you wanted!
Thanks guys. I've already driven it quite a ways, including 200 miles towing my trailer, and all seems to work the way it should. Knock on wood...
I'd forgotten how much I like driving that truck!

I've heard stories that gas down the hill, closer to the valley, is around $5.09 a gallon now. Here at our local station, that specializes in separating tourists from their money, regular unleaded is going for $5.89. Oh, it is also the start of Labor Day Weekend. :)

Strange pricing system:

Gas station by my house is $3.499. Four miles down the road it is $3.899. Seven miles up the road one station is $3.189 and another across the divided highway is $3.299.

If I keep going north does it hit $0.000?

Diesel is 5.69 at one station. Across the street its 4.69. You should see the big rigs trying to get in.

Learned the hard lesson in engineering: once a spec gets imbedded in the system it is almost impossible to remove.
I thought when gas went to a dollar it would be a good time to delete the 9/10, but they just pasted a 1 in front of the ¢ and left the tenths. Only once in my life have I seen other than 9/10.

Most all pumps are digital today. Every once in a while I run into an old pump with the rolling cylinders such as I did on a recent stop at the Frenchglen Mercantile in Oregon. With gas priced at $6.39 a gallon, I was concerned about the rapid spin of the dollar amount clyinder. I believe price per gallon could have been under a dollar a gallon when these pumps were built.

I paid $3.959/gal for regular just east of Boise, ID today.
That's about 50¢ less than the same brand in Bend.

Back
Top Bottom