Custom insides: Ideas please

davinski

Hello, all. Finally getting around to doing some mods to the inside. As I have a shell, I am looking for ideas on what you all have done. Mods, full fabrications, any ideas will be welcome. I have the couch, some lights, and a nice fantastic fan. Also, have the big rear door with screen. Gosh, that is nice.

I am leaning toward doing what Dr. Kayak did at this website.....

http://www.directcon.net/drkayak/Ram/

Pretty simple. Don't take a lot of room. Some functional storage. Nice table for eating in the rain, laptop use, playing cards. Want to add some Ham radio equipment, maybe a stereo. Prob add some stuff to monitor the batteries, maybe a solar charge controller....we shall see how much room there is.

Let me know what you all have done. Post some pics....always helps.

Dave in seattle

Here is mine:
1) before:
thumb_IMG_0362small.jpg

2) after, right hand side:
normal_IMG_0409small.jpg

in this photo you can see the porta-pottie and the 5" basement

3) after, left hand side:
IMG_0413small.jpg

The Engel fridge goes to the left of the sink and forms a counter at the same height as the sink. There is enough room to open the fridge when the roof is in the down position. There was also a counter to the right of the sink (same height) that is not shown in this picture.

4) table installed to make a full width lower bed:
IMG_0418small.jpg

My advice is to avoid particle board, MDF, etc. Really be careful about how much weight you add. Good luck and post pics of what you do.

Cheers
Mark

I like what he did on the right side. I guess I could block the window, its not that useful. That cabinet with sliding doors has just annoyed me anyway. Some stuff spilled inside and I had to take it apart to be able to slide the doors.

Outbackamper:

What a cool camper. I like those mods that you did. I am a bit lazy, so probaby won't create a couch with a false floor. Though, if I did replace my couch, I could see doing that. When you sit on yours, do you have a back to lean against?:

Also, I have an Engel on the way, can you stack stuff on top of them? I use just a plain ice chest now and use it as sort of a seat. Was wonderin if you can sit on an engel or if it is more fragile than that.

Would love to see more pics if you got them.

Dave

Outbackamper:

What a cool camper. I like those mods that you did. I am a bit lazy, so probaby won't create a couch with a false floor. Though, if I did replace my couch, I could see doing that. When you sit on yours, do you have a back to lean against?:

Also, I have an Engel on the way, can you stack stuff on top of them? I use just a plain ice chest now and use it as sort of a seat. Was wonderin if you can sit on an engel or if it is more fragile than that.

Would love to see more pics if you got them.

Dave

Thanks;
For the back of the couch we used the extra cushions that make up the double bed. The Engel can be used as a seat, it is very stong and well made. I don't have many other interior pics and recently sold the camper. My favorite feature by far was the basement, very usefull for storage, especially heavy items like canned food, etc.

Cheers
Mark

Back
Top Bottom