Dealer preference

I don't believe that happens. I purchased mine in Wisconsin and Sean Dempsey provided me with the deliver schedule. It is my understanding that when they fill a truck for a given distributor they get them out the door.

jd

That's my impression too, that they build first come first served. I bought mine in Prescott, AZ and, other than shipping, I think it was the same lead time as from the factory.

No dealer preferences.

Once we get the customer order from the dealer with the deposit, the wheels go into motion.

Some dealers have showroom models, and some are ordering for stock.

So if they have a stock order coming that is close to what a customer might want, the dealer will sometimes make slight modifications to the order with-in 30 days with a change order fee.

Most dealers need a full load of campers too, before we head across country.

Dave...
You can place your order with the dealer and I think have the camper installed at the factory. You're probably a days drive or less to Woodland. Head over to the coast or into the Eldorado NF for a shakedown camping trip.

Advmoto18 said:
Dave...
You can place your order with the dealer and I think have the camper installed at the factory. You're probably a days drive or less to Woodland. Head over to the coast or into the Eldorado NF for a shakedown camping trip.
Dave, I ordered from the factory when there was not a dealer here in Oregon. Because of CA sales tax, it was more cost effective to have the camper delivered and installed here in Oregon. I chose to have mine installed in the Medford area, because we have family there. At the time, the delivery fee was $500, versus about $1,500 for taxes if I took delivery at the factory.

Now that there is a dealer in Tigard, I'm not sure what the policy is. A private note to Stan Kennedy would be in order.

The drive to Woodland is just about as convenient for me as the drive to Tigard, so I inquired about just buying mine in Woodland (as I was already scheduled to go to Sacramento). I was advised FWC won't sell direct if they have a dealer in the state of residency, in order to protect the dealer network/relationship. I respect that. After talking more about it, the sales tax in California outweighs any convenience purchasing it in Woodland would have been anyway.

Back
Top Bottom