Death Valley - March 2024

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Callin’ on ole Cap’ LeMoigne’s ghost seemed like a reasonable thing to do, but calling a Ranger to the site might have been even better. With the exception of the tarp people, that sounds like a nice start to the trip. Thanks for letting us tag along!

Vic Harder said:
I'm amazed you didn't talk to the tarp people. Seems bizarre how they "camped".
Hard to do when they've taken a vow of silence. :)

More information on these folks is in the upcoming part two.

Awesome, again.

Really sorry we missed our chance to see DV with you this year.... the 6' of snow and a broken arm kinda influenced that decision, eh?

Vic Harder said:
Awesome, again.

Really sorry we missed our chance to see DV with you this year.... the 6' of snow and a broken arm kinda influenced that decision, eh?
As are we, Vic. We sure missed meeting you.

More to come with this trip story. :)

One other issue with the Tarp people,did their permit include use of the old rock blinds?
Somebody is making some money off these "pilgrims".
Anyway,nice vistas.

Thanks for part 2.
Frank

Thanks Monte a great end to another super trip.
The trap people still stand out in my mind not a better stand out
of your trip but just a very interesting situation. Can't get over paying
3 grand on something like that,but to each their own.
Awaiting the next grand adventure.

Our next adventure is off to Barcelona in a few weeks for a nice visit.Lots of great food and wine.
Frank

i need to practice removing my spare..... and i have a patch kit... and it does have instructions - so, no problem when i need it i am sure...

My thanks to the Ski3Pins for letting us tag along on their interesting and intriguing wandering through Death Valley and neighboring territories. Having the opportunity for an impromptu meet up in the wilds of Pahrump was indeed a privilege and pleasure.

Anyone know when Upper Wildrose Rd will open? I’ve checked out the DV NPS website and FB to no avail.

Sledawg said:
Anyone know when Upper Wildrose Rd will open? I’ve checked out the DV NPS website and FB to no avail.
I've also noticed no reports on a possible opening date for upper Wildrose. I have no crystal ball to gaze into on this one.

Frank, as always thank you for your kind comments. The Tarp People.........I've almost forgotten about them. :)

We hope you have a great trip to Barcelona! :)

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Monte.Interesting story about the "Tarp" people.
The photos of the east side Sierras with cloud/snow are beautiful.
Looking forward to additional parts.
Frank

One other issue with the Tarp people,did their permit include use of the old rock blinds?
Somebody is making some money off these "pilgrims".
Anyway,nice vistas.

Thanks for part 2.
Frank

Thanks Monte a great end to another super trip.
The trap people still stand out in my mind not a better stand out
of your trip but just a very interesting situation. Can't get over paying
3 grand on something like that,but to each their own.
Awaiting the next grand adventure.

Our next adventure is off to Barcelona in a few weeks for a nice visit.Lots of great food and wine.
Frank

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Callin’ on ole Cap’ LeMoigne’s ghost seemed like a reasonable thing to do, but calling a Ranger to the site might have been even better. With the exception of the tarp people, that sounds like a nice start to the trip. Thanks for letting us tag along!
I agree Mr. Sage. I expect "Ole Cap'" would have added a big dose of reality to the "situation" out there. :)

Thanks for the nice comment!

Back
Top Bottom