Death Valley - March 2024

The banging on drums reminded me of the old guy camping and the barking dog of the people in the next campsite. He walks over and politely says to them, "You know, if I wanted to hear my neighbor's dog bark, I didn't need to drive 500 miles. I could have stayed home." Same for people banging on drums at 0630 hrs. in a National Park.
goinoregon said:
no drums bro !

goinoregon said:
i need to practice removing my spare..... and i have a patch kit... and it does have instructions - so, no problem when i need it i am sure...

Mr. Sage, it sure was right dandy running into you and the Bride in the "Wilds of Pahrump." Thank you for the kind comments! :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
My thanks to the Ski3Pins for letting us tag along on their interesting and intriguing wandering through Death Valley and neighboring territories. Having the opportunity for an impromptu meet up in the wilds of Pahrump was indeed a privilege and pleasure.

Ummm, no, not paying for my sister. She's in town. I'll have to ask if she's familiar with these folk.

On the guy hiking with a two wheel trailer: maybe we also saw his tracks. We went up Funeral Canyon from Texas Springs and saw tracks much of the way. Maybe he went there also? It was curious.

We enjoyed reading your report, and thanks for attending Deb’s talk about William Lewis Manly in Shoshone! What a surprise!

rubberlegs said:
On the guy hiking with a two wheel trailer: maybe we also saw his tracks. We went up Funeral Canyon from Texas Springs and saw tracks much of the way. Maybe he went there also? It was curious.

We enjoyed reading your report, and thanks for attending Deb’s talk about William Lewis Manly in Shoshone! What a surprise!

The two wheeled wayfaring stranger may have had a water cache tucked away up in the Funeral Slots near Texas Springs. Or perhaps he spent a night up there. Were there in and out tracks? Too bad you did not get the opportunity to meet and talk with him. :)

Surprising Deb (and you) was one of the highlights of this year for us. :) The story will be included in the upcoming Death Valley - April 2024.

Yes, there were in and out tracks. It looked like so much work going uphill.

Looking forward to your story!

Back
Top Bottom