Death Valley National Park - March 2018

Great report, as usual...thanks! We’ll be in DV again in early June. ☀️

It’s that time of year for the little hummers. We have two active nests this year, one that has hatched and the other still with eggs. It’s amazing how quickly the babies begin to fly and leave the nest.

Great wildflower photos and the bird nest.Could you tell what birds nest it is.
Maybe a Hummer?
Thanks your trips are always looked forward to and a lot of fun to ride along.
Frank

Excellent post. I do enjoy those telephoto shots looking all the way across the ranges to Whitney.
Great floral captures as well.

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Great report, as usual...thanks! We’ll be in DV again in early June. ☀

It’s that time of year for the little hummers. We have two active nests this year, one that has hatched and the other still with eggs. It’s amazing how quickly the babies begin to fly and leave the nest.
Hummingbirds are amazing, especially making a living in Death Valley!

The views from this campsite were amazing. If we traveled back out a mile to the north the snow covered Mount Charleston in the Las Vegas area was also visible to the southeast. :)

Lighthawk said:
Excellent post. I do enjoy those telephoto shots looking all the way across the ranges to Whitney.
Great floral captures as well.

Thanks Ski.another fantastic trip.Great landscape ,flowers ,the old ram guardian,and the moon shots.
Now we have to wait till fall for more DV roaming.
I appreciate all your great story posting.Lots of work.
Frank

I enjoyed this TR quite a lot! Never knew much about Death Valley before WTW. Your reports make it endlessly interesting. Thanks for that.

Thanks for another great report. Now about that itching I'm feeling. Doesn't help that I picked up a couple ticks at the dog park last week.

Back
Top Bottom