Death Valley Salt Tram

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
In April, a park visitor used a salt tram tower as an anchor recovery point resulting in the tower being pulled over. This morning it was reported the person came forward and accepted responsibility for the act.

Lots of lessons in this event, one of which is to have an InReach type device, but the most important is to not put yourself in a position where you can damage the environment or historical structures.

The link to Outside Magazine in the LA Times article has more information.

Looks like a project M camper. More clueless idiots. What I don't understand is the Park Service saying "park rangers encourage people to stay on paved roads during this time of year". Shouldn't they be encouraging people to stay on roads all times of the year?

Looks like a project M camper. More clueless idiots. What I don't understand is the Park Service saying "park rangers encourage people to stay on paved roads during this time of year". Shouldn't they be encouraging people to stay on roads all times of the year?
Much of Death Valley is only accessible by unpaved roads.

If anyone is curious, here is a video from the two vehicle group that was flagged down on Saline Valley Road and asked if they could help pull the struck truck out. The tram is already toppled. Craig, I've heard chatter that it is a Go Fast Camper. I've also heard these unfortunate souls became the prey in an Internet feeding frenzy. This is posted only to illustrate the mess these two got themselves into.

Saline Valley and Recovery

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom