Dempster Hwy Yukon, anyone want to drive my camper back home?

generubin

Electric Baja
Hey folks, It's been a while since I have posted on this site. I have put in many trips into Canada's arctic and Alaska. But, alas, it has been 5 years since I have been up that way. What I am missing the most is northern BC, Yukon, and NWT. I enjoy the drive up from Ventura, CA but I don't relish the round trip. Might there be anyone interested in picking up my rig (Dodge Cummins with ATC Camper) in Whitehorse, YKT around mid to late August and ultimately driving it back south? It would be ideal if you live in So Cal but I could come and get my truck back from you if you are anywhere in the Western states. You would be free, of course, to take your time and enjoy your trip.

Alternatively, if you find yourself in a similar situation but you want your rig to be up in the north for your use, I could drive it up and have it for you in Whitehorse or Anchorage. I can also maybe do this in early June if better for you, but I like mid to late August for the fall colors.

Any thoughts? Other or better ideas? Robbie? Frank?

Attachments

• IMG_6225.jpeg
    IMG_6225.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 119
That's a thought provoking idea Gene! I'm scratching my head trying to figure out if I can make it work. PM me if you want to talk more.

Vic

generubin said:
Hey folks, It's been a while since I have posted on this site. I have put in many trips into Canada's arctic and Alaska. But, alas, it has been 5 years since I have been up that way. What I am missing the most is northern BC, Yukon, and NWT. I enjoy the drive up from Ventura, CA but I don't relish the round trip. Might there be anyone interested in picking up my rig (Dodge Cummins with ATC Camper) in Whitehorse, YKT around mid to late August and ultimately driving it back south? It would be ideal if you live in So Cal but I could come and get my truck back from you if you are anywhere in the Western states. You would be free, of course, to take your time and enjoy your trip.

Alternatively, if you find yourself in a similar situation but you want your rig to be up in the north for your use, I could drive it up and have it for you in Whitehorse or Anchorage. I can also maybe do this in early June if better for you, but I like mid to late August for the fall colors.

Any thoughts? Other or better ideas? Robbie? Frank?
Gene,nice to see you back on the site.Don't think I can help much.Going to be in the same area around the same time might see you in White Horse you never know.
Frank

Vic said:
Stash it for the winter in a mini-storage in Anchorage and do a trip the following summer back?

Or, the trip I'm going to take the summer I retire - drive one way and ferry (Alaska Marine Highway) back.
Hi Vic,

Stashing it up north has occurred to me. One thinks of Anchorage as being close to were I'm going but Anchorage is actually 1100 miles from Inuvik. I could stash it in Whitehorse but I'd go back for it maybe a month later.

The ferry system I've done before, I prefer the land route. Plus, where I am going is really not near the ferry system. But, thanks for reminding me about stashing the truck up north for a little while.

DEAL!!! with your permission, Dan and I would be more than happy to drive back to Ventura. Easy for us to do, we both live there. Many details to hammer out, but for us, we are up for it. Dan is a landscape photographer and travels the world pursuing his art. You can get more information on <danhomlesphoto.com>. If you like, go to <explorations> then to <canyon country> and that is a trip we did together in Utah. I would MUCH prefer to do this my wife, but he is a great guy and we have done many trips together. If you are interested, PM me. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom