Did I Kill my Frig?

PJorgen

Took my FWC Hawk with a three-way frig to the Mojave Preserve last week. Got in kinda late, I was tired and not thinking clearly. Switched the frig over to propane without turning off the 12 volt source, ran it that way all
night. Camper battery ran down overnight, not surprisingly.

Battery recharged while driving the next day, so that's OK. Not sure about the frig. It still cools but maybe not as much, or maybe that's my imagination.

Did I do any permanent damage and how would I know if I did?

You did no damage at all, but if you have a Dometic 3-way, how did you switch it to propane and still have it cooling on DC?

Thanks for the reassurance.

To answer your question, I left the 12v switch in the on position and lit the propane. Seemed an easy mistake to make, at the time.

PJorgen said:
Thanks for the reassurance.

To answer your question, I left the 12v switch in the on position and lit the propane. Seemed an easy mistake to make, at the time.
I agree, I think it is an easy mistake to make and one I did not realize was possible. On most 3-ways, when you turn on one source, it kills the others. Seems like a system on this one the designer's never used themselves. I am sure you can not be the first one to make this mistake.

Back
Top Bottom