Diesel Powered Camper Appliances

BreslinDoggy

I'm not sure if I got this right, but work with me. It sounds like Earthroamer uses the diesel fuel for the engine to power the heater, AC, stove......
Is it possible to have a diesel truck with a FWC and use the diesel the same way Earthroamer does?

Thanks,

Dan

Interesting idea

Dan,

I don't have any expertice to offer you, but find the idea interesting and will add some thoughts.
You are correct about the Earthroamer and I suppose it is possible to purchase and install that type of equipment in a FWC. But the Earthroamer is a single unit, not a seperate vehicle with a removable camper. So you would either have to have a separate line from the vehicle's gas tank to the camper or a second tank for the camper. There would need to be a valve for closing and disconnecting the fuel line to remove the camper or have the second tank in the camper itself.
There is an advantage to using diesel but it would take some serious engineering to designing a system for a FWC. Hopefully somebody with knowledge of fuel systems will chime in.

Ted

Attachments

• espar.jpeg
    espar.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 727
  • propexparts.jpg
    propexparts.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 696
Check out the Wallas Stoves

Here is a link to Wallas:

http://www.wallas.fi/default.asp?id=start-en

The make stoves, heaters etc (beautiful stuff) for boats. I contacted them last year and they told me that they would not sell their equipment for a camper. Thank god we all have Land Yachts!

Doing a little research I found out that the stoves and heaters are installed (after market) in European RVs and they do work great.

There are many advantages to a diesel stove and heater, especially if you drive a diesel truck. The main disadvantage is the price.

The combination of the stove with blower lid is great in my opinion. Safes a lot of space.

If I only had a diesel truck ..............

Back
Top Bottom