Digital rear view mirror

Frankweldwhite

Has anyone installed a digital rear view mirror to give more information about who is behind you, and or in your blindspots? If so, what brand?

Yep, in two separate rigs i have used auto-vox mirrors. Latest is the V5Pro. It has much better “headlight” rejection than the v3? I had before. BOTH have the issue of having a 180* field of view, which makes things behind you seem very far away. Other than that, they have been great.

Vic Harder said:
Yep, in two separate rigs i have used auto-vox mirrors. Latest is the V5Pro. It has much better “headlight” rejection than the v3? I had before. BOTH have the issue of having a 180* field of view, which makes things behind you seem very far away. Other than that, they have been great.
Would that work well as a front cam, Vic? I've already got a rear camera that uses the Uconnect 8" monitor on my RAM. I want to add a front camera to help for offroad trails since I've got one of those big a** front hoods.

Yea and no. It is also a dash cam, and records both front and rear views all the time. For the visibility issue, I am playing around with adding two more cameras mounted low in the bumper in front of each tire. I bought a stereo replacement that can have up to for cameras (usually the extras are side view) but am still working out some bugs

Back
Top Bottom