Discado cooker

nikonron

Didn't like the cost of buying one of these so I gathered up materials and built my own. It's a great way to cook while out camping. I made it to use on the table top or ground, I may shorten it a few inches yet. Ron

Attachments

• 20160916_181200_resized.jpg
    20160916_181200_resized.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 20160916_192715_resized.jpg
    20160916_192715_resized.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 267
Sorry, didn't take pics of build. I already had the Coleman single burner. Found the 18" steel disc on Ebay for $19.00. Ron

Yes Charlie, alot cheaper than the Skottle, I couldn't justify what they wanted for theirs. Also wanted to make it shorter with aluminum legs. I have ordered the Blue Ridge Overland carrying bag though. Ron

The carry bag is nice and I'll bet your legs fit in it too whereas the Skottle legs are too long. My wife uses the lid a lot too but I'd imagine you could find the equivalent easily enough.

Nice job.

Charlie

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Looks like www.southwestdisk.com is a good option and about 100+ cheaper then the SKOTTLE. Has anyone here used one by chance?

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Simple is best. Nice job. I farmed for many years and had a pile of used blades in the trees. I cleaned up the scrap iron a few years ago and of course they went. I had one left, but it is what is called a cone blade. Cone because it has steeper sides resulting in deeper dish. I made a discada from it, it works but is too deep and heat concentrates in the center too much. I will search neighbors scrap iron for a normal blade.

Back
Top Bottom