Dispersed camping Calgary to Seattle to Utah and back

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric
Site Team
Looking for some ideas on where to camp in my new (to me) Hawk. We are very new to dispersed camping, having done only campgrounds in the car or back country hiking until now.

First night will be in northern Washington or Idaho, as we drive from Calgary to Seattle. I've found the Box Canyon Dam Campground (Free) near Metaline Falls in Washington, and others using the https://freecampsites.net/ site.

Second night would be on our way from Seattle to Capitol Reef NP, somewhere between Boise and Twin Falls. We've camped at Three Island Crossing State Park near Glenn's Ferry before, but looking for the dispersed experience near there too.

I'd also be interested in anything near Zion NP, near Springdale. We have friends meeting us there who are in a 2wd car (Honda Fit) so that may restrict us to the official campgrounds...

And from there we are looking for sites near the Needles District in Canyonlands NP, and near Goblin Valley SP, and finally near Flaming Gorge Nat Rec Area.

Thanks in advance for your tips/ideas!

Might be too late but outside of The Needles there is a bunch of free camping on the BLM land. There are also some BLM campgrounds that charge a modest fee.

If you travel I-15 just south of Dillon, MT, Clark Canyon Reservoir has a free campground at the south end.

Back
Top Bottom