Dispersed camping near Cape Perpetua, Oregon Coast

PopArch

Hi. Thinking about making a run over to Cape Perpetua on Oregon Coast. Anybody do any dispersed camping on NFD-55? Sites near Cook’s Ridge East Trailhead? Thanks for any sage advice.

Dispersed camping on the coast is tough. By the time you head up and find something, it’s typically in the woods, dusty, and hot. You don’t feel like you’re at the ocean. If you get high enough for a peek view, then it gets even hotter. I don’t generally like campgrounds, but the coast is the exception. I usually stay at Tillicum just north of there, but I hear Beachside is nice too. They’re packed, but you can get spots right on the ocean. Following though to see if others chime in.

eyemgh said:
Dispersed camping on the coast is tough. By the time you head up and find something, it’s typically in the woods, dusty, and hot. You don’t feel like you’re at the ocean. If you get high enough for a peek view, then it gets even hotter. I don’t generally like campgrounds, but the coast is the exception. I usually stay at Tillicum just north of there, but I hear Beachside is nice too. They’re packed, but you can get spots right on the ocean. Following though to see if others chime in.
We're staying at Tillicum early next week as Cape Perpetua is closed for the season (seems awfully early?). Decided to head inland end of the week to see what we can find - maybe we'll get lucky and find an ocean view : ). October temps in the 60's. Appreciate the info!

Back
Top Bottom