Dispersed/offroad camping ~3 hr from Bay Area

super doody

Hi All,

I was hoping someone can provide recommendations for a dispersed/off road camping location for Sat. night that's ~3 hrs from the bay area. Unfortunately, every where I want to go is 4 hrs each way and my wife does not want to make the 8 hr round trip drive for a sat. night only trip with a 19 month old. Selfishly, I'm dying to get in the dirt my new setup :)

Thanks,

Jim

Where in the Bay Area? Just getting from north to south could be two hours. If you are in the north, we have boondocked on a creek or river (it has been a while) in Mendocino NF. From the east bay you may be able to get up HWY 88 in the alloted time. There are a lot of good spots below Salt Springs Reservoir.

Ted said:
Where in the Bay Area? Just getting from north to south could be two hours. If you are in the north, we have boondocked on a creek or river (it has been a while) in Mendocino NF. From the east bay you may be able to get up HWY 88 in the alloted time. There are a lot of good spots below Salt Springs Reservoir.
Hi Ted,

We live on the san mateo coast. Good news, I was able to convince wife to head east even with the 4hr drive. Reasoning is that it will get more crowed during the summer months. We are now heading up to a spot that I was talking to Mr. ski about. Since we have the same rig, if you don't mind I like to PM you with a couple of questions.

Thanks,

Jim

No problem sending me a PM. When we can we are always happy to follow Ski3pin so if he gave you a place to go it must be good.

Hello! We are searching for places to camp with our 14 month old near the Bay area (we are in Sacramento) and stumbled upon this thread. Where did you end up camping?

We will be tent camping this trip and then in our FWC when it is finished in October :)

Thanks for any input!!

Back
Top Bottom