DIY canvas side panels?

shellback

I finally got my window panels done to my satisfaction, and have a ? before I sew all the panels together. What did folks use for the bungee anchors on the fabric? My original panels seemed to have metal eye bolts. I was thinking about sewing a piece of nylon webbing to the panel. Would two, front, rear, and sides be enough?

On my side liners I used pvc D-Ring patches like you can get from NRS or other river supply companies. I used Clifton urethane adhesive to attach the D-Rings. It has held up great without adding additional stitches.

OSUFlyer said:
On my side liners I used pvc D-Ring patches like you can get from NRS or other river supply companies. I used Clifton urethane adhesive to attach the D-Rings. It has held up great without adding additional stitches.
Great Idea!!!

Shell back, I made my D rings last night. I am just using HH-66 to put them on. I the glue is bombproof, I think it should work well but they are not fully on yet so I can not say 100%.

Living The Dream said:
Shell back, I made my D rings last night. I am just using HH-66 to put them on. I the glue is bombproof, I think it should work well but they are not fully on yet so I can not say 100%.
That HH-66 is good stuff. Extremely difficult to separate after it sets up. I have no doubt it will hold the D rings. I have some SS D rings on the way.

Back
Top Bottom