Do You Feel The Itch?

MakersTeleMark

Advanced Member
So, winter is trying really hard to get over, winds are up, seasons are alternating daily between winter and summer in the high country (there is no spring, besides massive runoff), and:

are you psyched to get out?

Have you had enough of your day job, your shoveling (into May FCS), your crock pot comfort meals when you want to be in a t-shirt and grilling and sipping something less hearty than an imperial IPA to stand outside?

So, are you psyched for this coming season? Have you checked your systems? Ordered your upgrade goodies over the winter and are getting ready or in progress of installing them?

This is a stoke thread for that.

Are you psyched to wander?

Dust off those roller dollies, bolt that sucker down and get out every minute you can. Drain that crap antifreeze, boil it down and send it to your neighbor's nasty dog next door whose poop is now uncovered? Or that haggard bit*h (not gender specific) at the office, or that robot that calls you on the phone?

Then post up some stoke here to get some other folks rolling. It will be spring sometime, right? Or do I have to get mean and haunt you that water might be leaking in there, yes the canvas is rotting, your vent needs some sealing, oh, and that roof, buckled, sagging from that snow. Lot's of water. Can it handle it? Sure it can, just check it, jump up top, sweat a bit and make sure. It's a great cathartic process.

Fuses good, got backups? Plumbing connections tight? Trailer s*it all good to go? Battery charged? Water tank flushed and getting tasty, not bleachie?

Bring it. And, since it's the internet, post about it. It's prime time, wake up. Make a cup, and go somewhere other than your abode in the morning. Where is that trowel? DAMN! Flowers and stuff.

They might even switch out plows for graters soon. Looking foward to a great WTW 2011-12. You?

Hey Makers,

Especially this morning. Temp is about 35 but where I saw bare ground in my yard yesterday I now have 4 inches of new snow. Our snowfall water content has grown from 118% as of April 20th to 147% two days ago. I have never seen us gain percentages after April 20 no matter how much it snows. We would always lose more than we gained. My optimism is still high however and looking forward to a good season of summer activities, and maybe a little bit more corn, but I am really trying to transition into summer. I have had the camper out a couple times and all systems are solid and just waiting for the weather. so yes, I am stoked for some adventure!

Good Camping,

Paul

I 'played' in my camper last night... Vacuumed it out, cleaned it up a touch - filled the tank with water. Pulled out the winter crap and stuffed it in the garage.

It was fun!

But I live in the temperate PNW - so I've been grilling and drinking cheap light beer all winter :D

I to have been playing inside my unit. Thats all I can do, its sunk down in the driveway, and wont move. Oh well one thing I'll be saving on gas.

Should be out fishing now, but under the wx. Shooting for next week. Will be my maiden voyage in the new camper.

As for the ITCH, never left me from last year. Cheers all.

If it makes you feel any better we'll be out there starting Friday with full power, fuses and all!
wink.gif

If it makes you feel any better we'll be out there starting Friday with full power, fuses and all!
wink.gif

Great news Sunny. Pix to follow?

Great news Sunny. Pix to follow?

I'll see what I can do amigo. I'm way behind the curve on pic posting.

I just returned from a 6 day camping trip with the Hawk. I'm planning a 5 week trip in August to Colorado. Can't wait.

We are stoked. Brand spanking new camper to arrive in early mid August. No hurricanes/tornadoes/earthquakes/tons of snow here in NW Washington but LOTS of rain. More rain than normal since 1890s. We are planning a shakedown voyage for when we take delivery and are thinking of just hitting some NF land, meandering along backroads along the way home. The bad thing about mid August is it is still the summer high season. So, I need to research some hidden little known places returning from near Portland enroute to B'Ham. Then, if I can successfully convince hubby, a foray into Southeast Oregon, Idaho, and on into Grand Tetons/Yellowstone about mid September for Fall color. Maybe another along Hwy 20 east through North Cascades. Many possibilities.

Paul:

Hit camp 4 for some joe and grab a pie at the secret stash for me, would ya (+ a couple of brews)?

I'll be in your zone a couple times I imagine. But I can taste that flowy singletrack now. I heard Hartman is in good, and I've got a few friends that have just been killing it on the peaks down there.

Still snowing tonight. Ah well, might as well keep the quiver happy.

Good to see folks scratching.

We just can't seem to shake it this spring. Still snowing this morning.

As a matter of fact, my daughter and I will be heading to Camp 4 this morning for a tasty Americano!

We are supposed to get very warm and springlike here after today, so hopefully I will be getting a nice road bike ride in.

Hartman's is really great right now, just enough moisture to keep it tacky, but not too wet. It's the only place to single track right now, so it's "Gang Biking" on the weekends, so I try to avoid Saturdays and Sundays, so it's road riding on those days.

At least here, Spring is just around the corner!

Great thread. And timely too!

After an epic winter here in No Cal spring is finally arriving. I've been going through some mid-life family stuff with the passing of my father, moving of my mother, and combining households with my sweetheart, etc. and the Hawk has been sequestered in my garage for too long!

No more. Last night we wheeled the dolly w camper out onto the driveway, popped 'er up and did some spring cleaning. It felt really good to be in there checking everything out.

We're heading out for a weekender to the coastal range to check out some old growth redwoods at Montgomery Woods near Ukiah. A friend has recommended Orr Hot Springs nearby.

Camper goes on the back of the truck tonight. Yeah, feelin' the itch ;)

Great thread. And timely too!

After an epic winter here in No Cal spring is finally arriving. I've been going through some mid-life family stuff with the passing of my father, moving of my mother, and combining households with my sweetheart, etc. and the Hawk has been sequestered in my garage for too long!

No more. Last night we wheeled the dolly w camper out onto the driveway, popped 'er up and did some spring cleaning. It felt really good to be in there checking everything out.

We're heading out for a weekender to the coastal range to check out some old growth redwoods at Montgomery Woods near Ukiah. A friend has recommended Orr Hot Springs nearby.

Camper goes on the back of the truck tonight. Yeah, feelin' the itch ;)

Lighthawk, the camper is always happier on the truck and on the road and I guess most of us are too! Travel safe and have a great trip.

We've done two out of the last three weekends down near Bishop, CA in our new Hawk. SO OVER the snow here in Tahoe, need a change of pace from skiing so we've been hitting 395 Friday afternoons and spending the weekends climbing and soaking up the sun. Planning on camping the last two weekends of May as well just haven't settled on destination yet. LOVING the new camper!

We've done two out of the last three weekends down near Bishop, CA in our new Hawk. SO OVER the snow here in Tahoe, need a change of pace from skiing so we've been hitting 395 Friday afternoons and spending the weekends climbing and soaking up the sun. Planning on camping the last two weekends of May as well just haven't settled on destination yet. LOVING the new camper!

This thread is turning into the full win that I hoped for.

LT: Have a good one at the Mo'Mart (Whoa Nellie!) for me, and a good soak. I really wanted to make it out to the east side for a solid reunion of skiing and climbing, but, with fuel prices and powder days, I really can't justify it.

Back
Top Bottom