Do you use water tank for drinking water?

campito

Advanced Member
Seems like many don't and I'm curious why. I'm usually out by myself and add 1 gallon per day and that gives me drinking water and enough for dishes and cleanup. I have a 3" gray water line along the inside of my bed that holds all the gray water. Works well.

Yes. I have been driving to Baja and use it for staying in one spot for as long as 3 weeks. In Baja I fill it with Purificada (purified water that I buy either by the jug or have the guys at the Purificada store run their hose out and fill it) as well as carrying two extra 5 gal Specter jugs. I flush it before every trip with a couple tablespoons of bleech in a full tank, let it sit overnight and then flush a couple of times.

Yes, I use it for drinking and all else. I rinse the system out with bleach regularly. There is also a solution to freshen the the water at RV stores.

ha! seems my assumption as wrong. Maybe I've just seen random threads from those that don't have a water tank.

Yes some for drinking but mainly for coffee/washing things.
Most of the time on trips the tank is only less then 1/2 full to save weight.

We camp a good bit in camps where there is water so no need to carry as much.

I have a couple gal/1/2 gal containers that I fill at camp and use from there.
Maybe a gal. per day.

Frank

I'll be odd man out here. We use square 1 gallon jugs (about 1 1/2 per day) for drinking and coffee water and keep them under our dinette seats. Why? 1) We have a fancy filter in our house we refill from, 2) the jugs extend the water in our tank and 3) I'm too lazy to run the chlorine in my tank. But that's just me...

Mr. Different

Durango1 said:
I'll be odd man out here. We use square 1 gallon jugs (about 1 1/2 per day) for drinking and coffee water and keep them under our dinette seats. Why? 1) We have a fancy filter in our house we refill from, 2) the jugs extend the water in our tank and 3) I'm too lazy to run the chlorine in my tank. But that's just me...
We do the same for similar reasons. We bring two, 2.5 gallon jugs of additional drinking water. Water is one of the things that limits how long we can stay away from "civilization", so bringing more helps us extend how long before we have to resupply. I also tend to leave the tanks in the camper filled between trips (we live in an area where water conservation is necessary). I'm sure it is still safe to drink, but it may be a little "stale".

-Scott

Like most I drink the water out of the camper. The camper tank is probably cleaner than most of the Reliance or Scepter jugs I carry as extra on occasion. When I rinse out the antifreeze each spring, I use an RV water system flush with a couple of rinses and call it good.

We drink from ours. I fill up before leaving home as we have good quality water(tastes good too). Much prefer it to some places on the road that have a sulphur smell or iron flavor to the water. As it gets low I fill up if we find good water some where. I always use a charcoal filter when filling, even at home. Like others bleach 1 or 2 times a year.

Used the tank water for over 10 years, bleach once or twice a year. If you are not going to drink the water might as well pull the tank to have more room.

Back
Top Bottom