Dometic 3 Way Trouble after cleaning the burner

Jeff Wright

Updated post (read bottom)

Hey Guys/Gals,

I was having typical problems with my Dometic 3 way staying lit. I made a windscreen, was researching adding the Atwood relighter etc. I figured I'd give it a last ditch effort and attempt to clean the burner just in case. So I take the burner assembly off by removing it from the chimney and taking the fuel delivery line off at both ends (one side where it connects to the regulator and the other where it connects to the burner assembly. After taking it off (Red is parallel to the gas line, and the green is the burner)
file: FullSizeRender-3.jpg

I grabbed this from the internet but looks exactly like mine:
IMG_3230.PNG

I took off this section and plugged the two holes on the non burner side and blew it out and it seemed to get easier. I also used some carb cleaner on both ends.

I put it back together and when I pushing the control valve (this bypasses the thermo coupler for lighting) and light it there is a much bigger flame than normal and the gas even seems like it's making much more noise than it normally does. I kept the shield off during the testing.

Is there some reason why it could be getting way more gas than normal? I didn't mess with the regulator. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's something to do with the shield off or maybe the carb and choke cleaner ate some of the orifice thus giving it much more flow.

If I turn it to low it seems to be about the right flow but as you can imagine I'm a bit nervous to use it in it's current condition.

Thank you for your ideas!

False alarm! I watched one more videos that mentions a small aperture that fits between the fuel line and burner assembly. It had fallen out and luckily was still in the fridge access cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom