Dometic 65L fridge

shellback

I bought this off a forum member and I believe it was mounted in a FWC. My question is regarding the dual power, 12v or 110v. Do you need to disconnect one to use the other, or does the fridge select it's power source automatically? I need to know if I'll need a switch to shut of 12v when plugged into 110v. Thanks!

You shouldn't have to do anything. My 2014 Grandby has a 85L Dometic Compressor fridge plugged in behind the fridge. It works off of 12V when not plugged into shore power and 110 when plugged in. jd

longhorn1 said:
You shouldn't have to do anything. My 2014 Grandby has a 85L Dometic Compressor fridge plugged in behind the fridge. It works off of 12V when not plugged into shore power and 110 when plugged in. jd
Thanks!

If your camper has a converter you don't need to hook the fridge up to the 110v power. The converter will supply 12v when you are hooked up to shore power. Hooking up to 110v is just redundant wiring.

So is the compressor 12v motor? I think I read that the truck fridge motor is 12v and that the 110v version just converts the 110 AC to 12 v DC. I am installing a converter.

shellback said:
So is the compressor 12v motor? I think I read that the truck fridge motor is 12v and that the 110v version just converts the 110 AC to 12 v DC. I am installing a converter.
That's true. My Truckfridge is 12v only. The 110 / 12 volt model costs more and just adds converter circuitry to the compressor electronics. Since my camper has a converter I couldn't see paying extra for a dual voltage fridge.

Back
Top Bottom