Dometic 65L power/current draw

Jason, I apologize but mine is an 80 :( so I assume even more draw? I wonder if there is any resale value in it if I went with Isotherm? Challenge is our local FWC dealer has closed so no place close to do a switch :(

XJINTX said:
Stalking Light... Charlie, I'd be interested in what fan and how you added. I have the 2015 Hawk with the Dometic 65. Luckily not usually a big issue but this past weekend it was. Unusual for Texas but we had 3 days of clouds and rain my batteries got way low. Luckily a fellow camper had a spare 100W solar I was able to use in addition to my 100W. With little use we were OK. I would like to add the fan just for a warm fuzzy ;)

Also how low can I go before refrige cuts off... I think I got to 11.5VDC this past weekend?
I just added a 12v computer fan although I did use a sugar cube relay to trigger it since the wire that triggers the main fan is so thin. Now when the main fan comes on so does my extra one.

I kind of went a "weird" direction and installed my ARB in the Dometic's old location. It sips power and I am pleased as punch at the result. Just got back from a 5 day trip and rarely used more than 5 amps per day which my 100W solar has no trouble recouping by about 10am. Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

I have a 1984 Blazer model FWC that came with its original 3-way Dometic fridge freezer (nice woodgrain door to match paneling in camper). The old Dometic still worked on propane, AC, and DC, but it was a real power hog and had a hard time maintaining temps. I pulled it and stored it in my attic (no resale value), and replaced it with a 60L ARB top loader. I installed it on the ARB slide-out rack, and it fit perfectly height-wise in the refrig opening, and only sticks out about 8" from the face of the cabinetry. Tons of capacity, way low amp draw, and can run for 2-3 days on single battery alone. It has a setting which allows the user to have the fridge automatically shut off at various battery power levels to prevent draining batteries. The best part of the ARB is that I can remove it from the FWC and throw it in my other vehicles when needed. Try that with a built in fridge/freezer.

Old Iron said:
I have a 1984 Blazer model FWC that came with its original 3-way Dometic fridge freezer (nice woodgrain door to match paneling in camper). The old Dometic still worked on propane, AC, and DC, but it was a real power hog and had a hard time maintaining temps. I pulled it and stored it in my attic (no resale value), and replaced it with a 60L ARB top loader. I installed it on the ARB slide-out rack, and it fit perfectly height-wise in the refrig opening, and only sticks out about 8" from the face of the cabinetry. Tons of capacity, way low amp draw, and can run for 2-3 days on single battery alone. It has a setting which allows the user to have the fridge automatically shut off at various battery power levels to prevent draining batteries. The best part of the ARB is that I can remove it from the FWC and throw it in my other vehicles when needed. Try that with a built in fridge/freezer.
I like that idea. I have the three way fridge in my Eagle and hate the thing. I've been looking for replacements and was leaning towards an Isotherm 65L, but I like the flexibility of your idea. Did you have to modify the cabinet or was the ARB about the same size?

whwv said:
I like that idea. I have the three way fridge in my Eagle and hate the thing. I've been looking for replacements and was leaning towards an Isotherm 65L, but I like the flexibility of your idea. Did you have to modify the cabinet or was the ARB about the same size?
What year is your Eagle? I did not really have to modify the cabinet on my 2011 Fleet but I did put the countertop above the fridge on a hinge so I could get into it easier. I also took the sides of the cabinet off that the Dometic fridge was attached to so that my ARB looked a bit more factory. Removing those sides also gave me the room to keep my Snowpeak Fireplace/Grill next to the fridge.
I have attached a pic of my setup but bear in mind that this is the 37 QT fridge although the 50 QT is the same dimensions except for the fact it is a bit taller.
IMG_2631.JPG

badtoytrd said:
What year is your Eagle? I did not really have to modify the cabinet on my 2011 Fleet but I did put the countertop above the fridge on a hinge so I could get into it easier. I also took the sides of the cabinet off that the Dometic fridge was attached to so that my ARB looked a bit more factory. Removing those sides also gave me the room to keep my Snowpeak Fireplace/Grill next to the fridge.
I have attached a pic of my setup but bear in mind that this is the 37 QT fridge although the 50 QT is the same dimensions except for the fact it is a bit taller.
Thanks for the good info! My eagle is a 2016 (one of the last ones they made).

badtoytrd said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_2631.JPG
the length of ARB is about 28 inch. My 2015 Eagle measured 22 inch from Fridge door to the side wall. So it will protrude from the fridge compartment. why your photo does not show the ARB extended beyond the opening?What is the length measurement of your Fleet?

Back
Top Bottom