Dometic cf40 in the backseat between two kids

CRob

Hey all,
I am driving cross country to pick up my atc bobcat shell! Very excited! Anyways, I'm going to have two kids and da wife riding with me. I am planning on ordering a dometic cf40 and not sure if it's safe to have it ride in the middle of the backseat between two kids because of the heat that it might radiate from the vents. My thoughts were if it would be too hot, I may just order it and have it shipped directly to my moms place or maybe the factory, instead of bringing with us on the drive out. Does anyone own one of these? I would assume an engel or arb would have the same scenario.

Thanks in advance.

I have an edgestar which is the most wasteful of the 12v fridge/freezers - so I'd imagine it gets the hottest. I would not be worried at all about it in the back seat of my truck between my kids based on heat output.

I'd be worried about it moving around in the truck during an accident and crushing someone far more than anything else. Strap it down, put a seat belt on it, block it in and then add another strap :D

I have an edgestar which is the most wasteful of the 12v fridge/freezers - so I'd imagine it gets the hottest. I would not be worried at all about it in the back seat of my truck between my kids based on heat output.

I'd be worried about it moving around in the truck during an accident and crushing someone far more than anything else. Strap it down, put a seat belt on it, block it in and then add another strap :D

Great point scout. Definitely will use the seatbelt and another strap. Was just worried about the kids burning themselves by putting their leg close to the vent.

Maybe not burning but they might get annoyed by warm air blowing on them during the whole trip, I know I would...

Back
Top Bottom