Don't be lazy like me

craig333

Riley's Human
Last year a shift linkage bushing wore out and the rod came out. Fortunately the bushing on the other end held the rod in place. So I purchased a bushing from the dealer replaced the one that failed. Easy job. Looked at the one on the other end and thought yeah, it ought to be replaced also. I even found another bushing at an auto parts store for a quarter the price. And it sat on my desk for a year. The other day the other bushing finally failed. I fixed that today.

On my last trip out I needed four wheel drive twice. Would have been stuck otherwise. I'm happy I got to replace the bushing in my driveway and not in the snow or the creek crossing. Would have been no one to blame other than myself if I'd had to zip tie it on in the creek. Unexpected failures are one thing but knowing it was going to happen soon I just have to slap myself.

My father's words of wisdom:

"'Never put off until tomorrow...' is advise I seldom give heed to; For if I wait long enough in accomplishing stuff, half the time, I find I don't need to'!

Back
Top Bottom