Door Stop - Rotopax Removed

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I have two Rotopax tanks on the back of the Bobcat and I typically only have them mounted while on a trip. When they are not installed, there's a potential for the door to swing open and smack the glass :( against the bare Rotopax mount. To keep that from happening, I've bolted a piece of closed cell foam to the mount. Not the most elegant solution, but it works. Long term, I think I will build an opener/stopper that has a gas strut going from the door to a standoff on the back wall of the camper. Until then, it's blue foam... :)

Here are photos with both cans mounted, the bare mount, with the blue bumper below...

30397198086_53d0fe7945_c.jpg

gallery_4841_711_422203.jpg

gallery_4841_711_1386616.jpg

Why not a peg style door holder. You may need to do stand offs, etc to get it to the right position, but may last a little longer than teh foam, and does keep the door from flopping around...

John, I'm not a fan of that style. A strong gust of wind will pull the door off the peg.

My hard side camper uses a gas strut with a standoff that is about the length of the peg in your photo. I'll probably do something like that.

Something like this...

GasStrut.jpg

Back
Top Bottom