double sleeping bag

This something I have been trying to decide on for in the new FWC.
our old camper had a nice pillow top mattress that we always left made up, so it was just like being at home.

the FWC has the slide and the moving cushions so its just not convenient to try and make it up like a regular bed.
so now I am going through our sleeping bag inventory, and all I am finding is a bunch of mummy type bags.
I could swear we used to have a couple that we would zip together, but I can't find them

We ended up getting the RVSuperbag for the following reasons.
1. It is available in multiple sizes and we ended up getting the Queen size like our bed at home and our camper as well
2. The bag has a summer side and a winter side which I would imagine is good to about 35 degrees or so. We keep the heater set at 50 if the temps are plummeting.
3. The bag has a set of sheets that are velcroed in and are pretty comfortable. This was our primary reason since we are planning on some multi month trips and the ability to throw the sheets in the laundry appealed to us.

I’ve had an RVSuperbag for years. It’s performed well and held up nicely.
I’ve also used it as two single bags while camping with friends.

We have bags from REI, they are the Siesta series and are awesome. We can zip them together or use them separately. We've had them for a couple yrs now and I have zero complaints

The new double bag I bought. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JBPDCRW/ref=asc_df_B01JBPD25O5310772/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395009&creativeASIN=B01JBPD25O&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198072135009&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3756688195626627890&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1018511&hvtargid=pla-320459650026&th=1&psc=1
I paid about $135 not the MSRP that's listed today.

Some pics of it in my Eagle. The color looks a little funny in the pics in the late day winter sun through the windows. It's actually a very nice med brown. The fit is nice. Just a little shy of the edges of the bed. This should help keep it dry on those nights were condensation builds on the vinyl walls.
014 (Small).JPG

With one of the inner blankets flipped back. As you can see the bottom of the bag is tub shaped. The zip off top extends to the tub zipper not the outer edge.
013 (Small).JPG

012 (Small).JPG

Nice, Squatch!
How do you keep it from sliding around as you sleep? That's part of why I switched from my double-bag to a sheet and comforter, because the sleeping bag would slide underneath me.

Ha! I'm not a person who moves around a lot when I sleep, but I do turn over and the slippy material seems to not agree. I supposed one could velcro it down or sew elastic to go over the cushions or something. hmmmm

As a second person is unlikely to toss while the other turns, it may be that two in the bag results in a less mobile bag while actually sleeping. Perhaps, a person not moving anchors the bag when the other moves.

Just a wild guess.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paul

Back
Top Bottom