Drain rack for dishes

Advmoto18

I'm not a wood worker by any stretch of the imagination.

We've looked, without much success, everywhere for a dish drain rack that would fit over our Hawk sink.

I subscribe to Fine Homebuilding and the daily tips via email. Today, I received this tip for a dish rack. It might be time to see if I can cut two pieces of wood the same length and build a rack for our Hawk sink.

Not sure if I need the vertical dowels on the left side. Not even sure what they are for? Perhaps inverted glasses?

Screenshot_2017_01_23_18_27_41.png

I found a couple of those V shaped bamboo ones, but all were way to big. And, I wasn't looking at them with the idea of cutting them to size. Perhaps I need to take another look at Pier 1.

I like the idea of a small, flat design that can be simply placed over the sink to allow dishes to drain. Then easily stored in a cabinet next to the cutting board.

Why not double up and make a cutting board that folds into a drying rack? You probably don't cut and dry at the same time?

i use the same as outback. we store a thin cutting board under the dinette cushion.

I like it Brenda!

But, I think 20.4" in length (perfect for a home sink) might be a bit long for the camper sink. And I'm not seeing a way to shorten it without making it useless.

Not as cool as the wood racks, but stores in the sink and is super cheap:

very nice. where did you get that one? walmart? target? seen something at camping world once.

I also use the plastic drain rack. It can be found at any RV store or in the RV section of many other stores. You can search internet for Camco RV dish drain.

Having a drain rack that sits above the sink would not work well for me. The camper sink is quite small with no extra room for a rack. I like having the drain rack off to the side, giving you plenty of room to wash the dishes. The Camco drain sets on top of the base which catches the drips, and has a drain hole (see picture) that you place over the very edge of the sink.

Back
Top Bottom