Drawing of Grandby aluminum beams/structure?

steve whiteside

Gents, As I look at bolting different things to my grandly, does anyone know how I can find the aluminum beams behind the facia? It would be good to have a drawing of the Aluminum framework for the camper.

Any ideas?

Steve

You could ask FWC for pictures of the frame. They are very busy now, so may not have time, but they did it for me back in about 2015.

Hello Steve

It will be hard for you to find an exact image of the frame structure in your camper, but be patient and you will learn the general layout.

Read thru the WTW archives particularly by other folks with your same model camper.

REMEMBER, the aluminum framing of your camper is made up of VERY thin aluminum square tubing.

You called them beams and they are far from it....they are very many, very light components all working together to form the overall structure.

Good luck with your project.

David Graves

When I did the build on my Grandby shell I pulled back the side paneling, it was pretty easy and then I was able to see all of the tubes. I ended up having to have some additional tube welded in to support all of the stuff I added. I have a few pictures in the camper build that I started.

When I bought my new Grandby shell back in 1999 they gave me the drawings of the framing.
BUT- when I started working on my low key simple build-out it was obvious they were not correct.

Steve

If you can e-mail me this request to . . . stan@fourwh.com

I will see if I can find some frame pictures of a Grandby Model w/ the Front Dinette.

(I think this is what you have ?)

Tks -- Stan

___________________________________________________________________________________

steve whiteside said:
Gents, As I look at bolting different things to my grandly, does anyone know how I can find the aluminum beams behind the facia? It would be good to have a drawing of the Aluminum framework for the camper.

Any ideas?

Steve

Stan@FourWheel said:
Steve

If you can e-mail me this request to . . . stan@fourwh.com

I will see if I can find some frame pictures of a Grandby Model w/ the Front Dinette.

(I think this is what you have ?)

Tks -- Stan

___________________________________________________________________________________
Perfect thanks Stan!

steve whiteside said:

Any ideas?

Steve
I have photos of frame if that helps

there is a local pdx new camper builder here, that is putting int rivnuts into the walls, so u can do with u want with interior build. i thought that was a great idea. pacific something.

goinoregon said:
there is a local pdx new camper builder here, that is putting int rivnuts into the walls, so u can do with u want with interior build. i thought that was a great idea. pacific something.
I suspect that is Super Pacific.

Back
Top Bottom