Dreams of the White Rim

chnlisle

Post Master
After returning to Tucson with the new Bobcat Camper (jacks & brackets, auxiliary batt. system w/new style separator, 16,000 btu furnace)to place in inventory. Pam and I started preparing for the trip to Canyonlands and the White Rim Trail. Then it happened. We both woke up Monday needing to feel better to die!!! Fortuantely for me Pam recovered quickly to take care of me.

Bottom line....no White Rim trip. So when Gene, Phil & Mike get back lets hope they have some great pix.

The good news is I sold 2 campers while I was laid up.

<snip> Pam and I started preparing for the trip to Canyonlands and the White Rim Trail. Then it happened. We both woke up Monday needing to feel better to die!!! Fortuantely for me Pam recovered quickly to take care of me.

Bottom line....no White Rim trip. <snip>

Darn! Get feeling better and listen to what Pam tells you. :rolleyes:

Heal! I was just up there and Tuesday the weather went to hell. From sunny and 70 in the morning to a strong rain, wind, and 40's in the afternoon. We were starting to head back anyway. You might want to check out some of the roads in the San Rafeal Swell, NW of Hanksville. No permits needed, great canyon hikes if you want, a vast network of roads to explore, 1/10th the people than over by Moab.

Horrible turn of events. Hope you are on the mend. The White Rim is magical.

Here is a trip report from when I went a year or so ago:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47071-For-Your-Soul-The-White-Rim-Trail-July-2010?highlight=

Thanks Moody,
Were not strangers to the White Rim but still missed the chance to go again. Thanks for the good wishes every one. Just got back from the Dr. and he says I'm on the mend but he had to leave a sample to be sure.
sample.jpg

No pun intended BusBoy just a meager attempt at humor.

Thanks Sunny, I'm feeling much better today. I'm think'n North Rim, AZ Strip and 3 Mesas soon.

Darryla, The auxiliary battery system consist of a 75 ah AGM battery and separator. Not the older separator that was on the recall list but a new unit from a different manufacturer. This unit allows charging your vehicle battery if you have solar on the camper.

Back
Top Bottom