Drop down outdoor shower tent

Attachments

• IMG_2772 (2).jpg
    IMG_2772 (2).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 63
Golytely said:
That looks great. Easy to install?
The unit is made to be installed on a roof rack system. They offer no solution to attach it to the wall of a camper. I fabricated aluminum standoff mounting brackets that I attached to the camper with 1/4" rivets. Then bolted the unit to the brackets. I did the same thing on the other side and installed their awning too.

Most of the options out there recommend through bolting to the camper wall with big washers. I did not want to do that as the bolts would be in the way of the bed slide. My custom standoffs also allow for a small space between camper and unit. I like this because leaves and redwood duff don't build up in there. Almost 2 years in now with no worries and great performance.

I am curious as to how others are attaching their shower units. Always more than one way to skin a cat.

I also have the shower tent from Kickass, absolutely love it, no problems with it at all, very well made. I bought the bolt on brackets from Ironman 4x4 for the shower tent and for the Ironman 4x4 8' awning, which I also love. Have several products from Ironman 4x4, pleased with all of them. I own a 2022 Hawk

I like being able to remove the shower tent and awning when not camping...

We bought the Ironman ensuite shower tent for our square-back teardrop-style Intech Flyer Pursue. Mounts to roof rack. Could mount to Hawk but haven't bothered yet. When boon-docking, usually just wrap a tarp around a tree & attach to camper. Ironman works fine for its intended use.

Paul

QR_Hook_Hi_Res_CAD_WHTBG__32086.1659569893.jpg
Awning quick release mounting brackets from Ironman4x4America.com, when I got them they were on sale, now they are $129 .

I contacted FWC, and they said there is a 4" wide aluminum "beam" that goes around the camper where the soft walls meet the hard walls...they said as long as you drill the mounting holes in the beam you are good...no electrical wires inside beam etc. I bought SS bolts, washers, lock nuts etc at Lowes...and rubber "fender " washers, the big flat ones that were same width as the ss washers. I then marked the holes, crossed my fingers, and prayed I drilled straight, and not at an angle...all the holes were perfect. Then mounted the brackets with a rubber washer underneath the ss washers both inside and outside the camper wall. I believe FWC said the walls are 1.5" thick. The brackets come with 2 hitch pins to secure them to the bracket, I found some padlocks at walmart with the long shank that fit perfectly through the hitch pin hole...so I can lock them...I have 2 sets of these brackets, as I have the Ironman 4x4 8' awning on the passenger side, and the Kickass brand shower tent on the drivers side. I have a 2022 Hawk with the smooth aluminum siding.

ExSwat said:
QR_Hook_Hi_Res_CAD_WHTBG__32086.1659569893.jpg
Awning quick release mounting brackets from Ironman4x4America.com, when I got them they were on sale, now they are $129 .
I love this idea, and the list of suggested uses and advantages given by Ironman.

Awning Quick Release Mounting Brackets

The Ironman 4x4 Quick Release Mounting Brackets are design registered and manufactured in Australia, and are changing the way we use awnings.
  • Quickly reposition awning from drivers side to passenger side or to the rear of vehicle;
  • Easily swap awning from one vehicle to a different vehicle, or trailer
  • Store awning off the vehicle when not in use, or let it dry once you return home;
  • Mount other accessories, such as tradesman tools – shovels, PVC pipe, conduit carriers etc;
  • Mount your awning for use at home together with the Ironman 4x4 Awning Extra Hook Kit– as a shelter over a BBQ area, over the kids play area etc, making your awning multi use.

I may get some and an additional awning to deploy over the hot tub on these rainy nights. Perhaps another set of hooks for over the BBQ. Nice to be able to move the awning to different locations for sure!

I made some 1/4" plywood brackets that I bolt to the jack mounts on the driver's side. They have holes in them to slide through a pole (used for a drying line when needed). I hang a Coleman (?) shower enclosure on the pole. It takes less time to set up than it does for our water heater to cycle. Mounts travel under the mattress and the pole pieces travel behind the back seat head rests.

Alan

I got the zerodeclination. When I ordered it I received one with a small scratch. They sent a whole new tent out. Great customer service. Damage was caused by shipper and was not significant. They went out of their way for 100% satisfaction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom