DSI hot water heater or tank less water heater?

The Eccotemp is not nearly adjustable or works on as low water pressure and volume as the EZ tankless. I installed a separate water pump rated for 1.3 GPM just for the heater. With that flow I can get 2 really nice showers from a 6 gallon collapsible bucket. I adapted a sink sprayer for the shower head which is perfect.

cwd

I've been thinking about a water heater for my Hawk and I like the simplicity of a portable unit mounted outside. It would require fewer mods to the camper, but has anyone come up with a way to plumb it into the camper's water pump and back to the sink faucet?

If you have, I'd appreciate information on how you did it. Pictures would be great too.

Thanks!

I'm interested in this as well. Looking at used campers and there are a few out there that are not plumbed for outdoor showers but would otherwise meet our needs. We definitely want an outdoor shower that can be operated mostly from inside, with just a quick run outside for a dousing/ soap up/ rinse off. I'm still not clear on how the tankless options get their water from the camper's main water tank. Not really interested in filling buckets or running a hose from the sink faucet out the back door to a unit hanging from or mounted to an outside wall.

I am going to add a tee connection the faucet water line then connect to the exterior of the FWC and adding a quick connect/disconnect coupling to allow a exterior shower hose connection,

Anybody have thoughts

Ken Wong

Ken,

That's what I was thinking as well, and It sounds easy enough, but . . .
I had just hoped someone else had actually made the mod and could share their experiences.

Gonna resurrect this one.
Question for the tankless versions...I see the water and gas hookups, where does the water pressure come from?

Your water pump would supply pressure to move water through the system just as it does in the tank type. Might be useful to check the water pump's specified flow rate and pressure to compare to the requirements of the tank-less heater or contact FWC for any recommended tank-less water heater.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom