DV Road Conditions - and Wildflowers

Nice, ntsqd.
It is amazing to me that these very small plants make such a relatively huge investment in resources to produce large showy blossoms.

Paul

According to our "cheat sheet" those yellow flowers are Common Sunflowers. I'd be interested if someone who actually knows what they are looking at can confirm or deny that.

Those are early pics I pulled off my wife's FB page. She hasn't sorted thru all of her pictures yet, I know there are some with much bigger fields of view. Imagine standing at the intersection of Badwater and Harry Wade roads and seeing all of the alluvial flows with view being yellow. Not hints of yellow here, there and elsewhere, but YELLOW!

There's a dome of redish colored rocks south of the Warm Springs & West Side intersection and north of the Ashford Mill ruins on the west side of the valley that slightly protrudes above those alluvial flows. All of its erosion gulleys had yellow in them, but the high surfaces were bare. Made it look like a brain.

Do something, call in too well to go to work if you have to, but go see this.

Thanks for posting the photos. No chance we will make it out there to see for ourselves so we have to live through others. One day, maybe... :)

All right, you guys have convinced me. I am loading up to leave Saturday, stay the night in Alabama hills, then head into the park on Sunday hoping the weekend crowds will be gone. I have all week free, Yee-haw!

Bseek said:
All right, you guys have convinced me. I am loading up to leave Saturday, stay the night in Alabama hills, then head into the park on Sunday hoping the weekend crowds will be gone. I have all week free, Yee-haw!
Will be there on Monday or so. Probably at Sunset CG to rendezvous with friends. Red F350, Northern Lite.

Edit: Sunset is nothing more than a gravel parking lot with four bathrooms, but it is interesting none the less. Every thing from antique motor homes that barely run, to $500,000 (or more) rigs with built in hot tubs. It's pricy though, something like $6/night with a geezer card. If you can't tolerate generators, this is not a spot for you. Texas Springs is a no genny CG.

We had the opportunity to fly out there last week and spend a week exploring DV.
It was fantastic!!!

I hope to post details this weekend with great pictures of the Superbloom

You will not be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom