DV Road Conditions - and Wildflowers

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
Looks like they are getting pounded. Again.

From DV Road Conditions 10/15 :

UPDATED ROAD CONDITIONS:
Expect flooding throughout Death Valley. Storm in progress. Expect debris and damage on ALL ROADS.
Expect delays due to damage, debris, standing water, and workers in roadway attempting to clear road.
ALL BACKCOUNTRY ROADS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED DAMAGED. Expect temporary closures.

1. Artist Drive CLOSED due to flood damage.
2. Badwater Road CLOSED due to flooding.
3. Big Pine Road CLOSED to through traffic .
4. Cottonwood /Marble CLOSED due to flood damage
5. Dante's View Road Open; use caution.
6. Echo Canyon Road Open; high-clearance
7. Emigrant Canyon CLOSED due to flooding.
8. Greenwater Road CLOSED due to flood damage
9. Keane Wonder Rd CLOSED. Road and mining area closed to entry due to mine safety hazards.
10. Lower Wildrose Rd CLOSED to through traffic from Wildrose to Panamint Valley .
11. Mustard Canyon CLOSED due to flooding.
12. North Eureka Valley Rd CLOSED by Inyo County.
13. Salt Creek CLOSED due to flooding.
14. Mosaic Canyon CLOSED due to flooding.
15. Racetrack Road CLOSED due to flooding.
16. Saline Valley North CLOSED By Inyo County.
17. Saline Valley South Open; some road damage
18. Scotty’s Castle Road OPEN; Flooding likely.
19. Titus Canyon Road CLOSED due to flooding.
20. Twenty Mule Team Cyn CLOSED due to flooding.
21. West Side Road CLOSED due to flooding.
We will try to post updates as they arrive. Please, travel safe. (AH)

Thanks Lighthawk. I have also been watching road conditions down there, since maybe, just maybe, the winter season will arrive. Boy do we love Death Valley.

along with the road report was this alert this morning.

• Many roads closed due to flood damage
    New rains on the morning of October 15, 2015 are causing flooding and road damage. Scotty's Castle Road is flooding as of 9:00 am. but remains open. Use caution. Badwater Road and all unpaved roads are closed until further notice.
checking radar, it is raining there now.

We're planning on going in February (tent camping!!) I guess we'll have to keep a close eye out..
Thanks for the posts.

I spent this last weekend in the Silurian Hills, as the crow flies about 17 miles north of Baker. There was standing water in both Silver and Silurian Dry Lakes. Sat night was treated to a fantastic lightning storm and a biblical downpour. Water was flowing down the washes and the "dry" waterfalls were thundering off the hills. Most of the water was gone by Sun evening but was still flowing in the low area as we got close to CA127. Approaching Baker after the sun set we got another great light show from a thunderstorm over Cima Dome. Had a great time with my oldest daughter.

Shocking pics of Scottys Castle up on their Facebook page now. They've got a lot of work ahead of them.

Back
Top Bottom