Eagle 1996

robbie

I have been looking at an Eagle approx 1996 in Santa Barbara. It seems pretty well what we want, Lots of storage.
The fellow tells me the width of the camper between the wheel wells is 53 inches.
He had the camper on a 1998 toyota tacoma.
I have a 2008 TT and it has 43 inches between wheel wells.
Can any one confirm the measurements of an older Eagle.
The camper is on the used 4w camper site in santa barbara listed at 7,000.00
It will cost me about 2500.00 to get the camper to where I could pick it up in alaska so want be be 100 % sure it will fit?
Anyone live at Santa Barbara, that might not mind taking a look?
Thanks
Robbie

Most of the time the camper base on the Eagle Models is only 39" inches wide between the wheel well humps (approx.).

The owner is probably measuring the rear wall of the camper ? This portion of the camper flairs out to approx. 51 1/2" inches after the camper gets past the wheel well humps in the truck bed (to take advantage of that extra space).

See Attached Pictures

Sometimes the older campers have/had a 1" alumunum bar on each side of the rear wall to help fill in the tail gate opening. This was just for looks an can be removed easily. This is where he is probably getting his measurement (51" + 2" = 53".

You will probably have to add a small 2" platform under the old campers like his if you want it to fit on the New 2005 - 2008 Toyota Tacoma trucks. The New Tacoma trucks have a deeper truck bed, but most all of the other measurements are pretty much the same from year to year (+ or -).

Seems like that camper is a little over priced for how old it is ?
No refrigerator ?
No furnace ?
No 4 corner jacks ?

Attachments

• P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 370
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 396
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 371
I talked to the owner today and he claims that it is a 2001 (not a 1998 as the ad says) Hawk but like I said in my other post it sure looks like an Eagle to me? Maybe Stan can tell from the photo's?

the camper in this ad is most likely a Hawk Model

It is NOT the Eagle Model, that is for sure !

The Eagle Model never had the "fixed" 48" x 78" extended cab-over bed
like this camper.

You can pretty much bank on the fact that it is a Hawk Model.

Looks pretty good for the price.

If you like it, it could be nice.

What kind of truck are you going to put it on ?

I can tell you if it will fit or not (Kinda Important)

:)

======================================================

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/rvs/792317311.html

newer...cheaper....a bit closer.

I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab short bed.

Stan if I buy a camper like this can your shop add a rear passenger side window and a front slider window? Does your shop upgrade older FWC models? Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• Truck 020.jpg
    Truck 020.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 337
Hey TL--

That camper you are looking at is just like mine (2001 Hawk). Plus, it has those nifty corner jacks mine doesn't have. Personally, I'd buy it at that price, before gas goes down some more and the demand for campers goes back up. ;)

You might even be able to lever a little more money off by crying about fuel prices...

Good fortune!

Mark

P.S.: The slider bolts right in.

Back
Top Bottom