Eagle Lake Fishing

fish more

Hey Big Time,

What's the location for the fishing outing the weekend after memorial, north end of the lake ? What day do you plan on getting to Eagle Lake ? Bringing cash, will make change for you ! Anyone else up for the outing ? Remember B.Y.O.B. & B. (Bring Your Own Boat & Bottle) Rip some lips !!

Hey Big Time,

What's the location for the fishing outing the weekend after memorial, north end of the lake ? What day do you plan on getting to Eagle Lake ? Bringing cash, will make change for you ! Anyone else up for the outing ? Remember B.Y.O.B. & B. (Bring Your Own Boat & Bottle) Rip some lips !!

Spaulding, north end, bring lots of cash, and I don't take change. And remember the weather there in early spring is very unpredictable, good luck, I hope you get one, Fish More, I've been fishing this place since I was 10yrs. old, so bring plenty.

Relatives from Mountain View wanted to get together this summer and I was hoping some of you guys familiar with Eagle Lake could give me some info about early August conditions. I am not familiar with any of California. Weather underground lists Alturas for average weather conditions but I see that is ~60 miles north of Eagle Lake. Too hot or water levels low in Aug? Any tips about where to camp, hopefully rustic/scenic area. I want to fish but others would want to canoe and sail, is it a good spot for this? Sorry for the hijack but thanks for any much appreciated info.

Relatives from Mountain View wanted to get together this summer and I was hoping some of you guys familiar with Eagle Lake could give me some info about early August conditions. I am not familiar with any of California. Weather underground lists Alturas for average weather conditions but I see that is ~60 miles north of Eagle Lake. Too hot or water levels low in Aug? Any tips about where to camp, hopefully rustic/scenic area. I want to fish but others would want to canoe and sail, is it a good spot for this? Sorry for the hijack but thanks for any much appreciated info.

There are a couple of things to know about Eagle Lake, the first is wind, something the place is famous for, sailing is possible and the canoe also, as long as you use common sense (the wind) early August will be OK probably, Sept. and Oct. better. All lakes in Calif. are suffering low water conditions, and in August the way it looks now, launching will be a problem, especially for people unfamiular with the Lake. Last fall was bad, lots of props and lower units. But if you like to fish, I won't look like a big deal if you have to paddle a few hundred yards at 4am. That's why I love the place. I've spent a lot of time at the lake and if I can be of anymore help just ask.

what do you fish with (pole? lure? downrigger?) ? how do you rig?

I won't be able to answer that question until I empty everybodys pockets.

Thanks for the info fisherman. Does Calif. allow 2 cycle engines on lakes or ony 4 cycle? Is the little crater lake in the area worth camping, any fishing there (I saw a campground listed for that spot on the BLM web site)

Thanks again

Thanks for the info fisherman. Does Calif. allow 2 cycle engines on lakes or ony 4 cycle? Is the little crater lake in the area worth camping, any fishing there (I saw a campground listed for that spot on the BLM web site)

Thanks again

homemade, 2 vs 4 cycle varies. Eagle Lake, as well as others in the area still allows 2 cycle.

Crater lake is a nice little lake, though I have never camped or fished there. Only been there a few times on a drive from Eagle. Photos below of Crater Lake were taken November 2005.

Bill

Attachments

• DSC_0167.jpg
    DSC_0167.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC_0168.jpg
    DSC_0168.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 225
Back