Eagle or Hawk

dorocks

Greetings

Have been looking on the used market for a FWC for my 2001 Tundra.

I wanted some opinions on the pluses and minuses on the models. The Eagle is shorter (53" versus 58") and not as wide (69" versus 80") than the Hawk. Does this make it more suitable for 4 wheeling in actual usage?

I would think that this width would make the Eagle less likely to take side damage.

However how much interior space do you lose choosing the Eagle over the Hawk?

Keith

Greetings

Have been looking on the used market for a FWC for my 2001 Tundra.

I wanted some opinions on the pluses and minuses on the models. The Eagle is shorter (53" versus 58") and not as wide (69" versus 80") than the Hawk. Does this make it more suitable for 4 wheeling in actual usage?

I would think that this width would make the Eagle less likely to take side damage.

However how much interior space do you lose choosing the Eagle over the Hawk?

Keith

I have Nissan Frontier and went with the Eagle as it is a perfect fit. I woudle say if the hawk fits between your fenders and the widest thing is your tires/fenders then go with it for more space. if you are looking to really offroad with the thing in some tight spaces/trees/rocks I would get the eagle to save weight and protruding objects. check out links here for the egale in action @ Moab:

http://www.youtube.com/results?feature=moby&search_query=Nissan++Elephant+hill&search_type=&aq=f

Back
Top Bottom