Early 90's Pheonix pop-up camper?

surfdude2133

I'm looking at an early 90's Pheonix pop up camper and was hoping someone has some experience with this company. I have read a few places that they have a leak problem but other than that have not heard much. I understand they make custom campers so comparing the one im looking at with another is not possible. Should I stay away or are they well built campers? Anything I should look at or for specifically?

Look in the hole in the door frame behind the strike plate where the camper's door latch fits when closed. You'll be able to see if it is a wood frame or an aluminum frame there. My own thought is if wood, walk away.

I have a 2011 Phoenix, bought new. It does not leak. It is aluminum framed. Overall I would call the materials and build as utilitarian. They used a cheap adhesive/sealant causing me to re-glue and staple some of the interior trim. The hand rail was screwed into the siding and pulled out when I stumbled on the steps one time. I have since bolted it through the rear wall, with no further problems.

From their website -

Our Family started Four Wheel Campers here in Colorado in the early 70′s and ran it until the late 80′s. Then, to diversify the family business, My Father started a new venture, building Tiger Motor Homes.

Phoenix Pop Up Campers were launched into production in 1988 using several of the solid fundamental design concepts we developed in the vintage FWC

http://phoenixpopup.com/about/

Back
Top Bottom