Early Cabover Issues

The sheet metal is all new and there are no non-stainless screws , it’s just dust , pollen and whatever that collects on the roof and runs down when it rains. I’m putting more EZ gutter along the whole roof length, about half way up the radius from wall to flat roof

While WD-40 is supposed to be great for cleaning off the bugs from the chrome/paint on the front of your rig prior to a wash down, spray them a few hours before to loosen them up...

But...back to the stains...my favorite de-greaser is "Dawn" dishwashing soap which I use on wooden handled tools to remove years of greasy filth to cleaning just about anything including wood that has any kind of finish (or none) prior to some BLO application for shovels and wooden handles that aren't painted.

I'm thinking you can whip up a pretty strong mixture in a bowl and with a sponge, get those stains off in a jiffy. Just don't let the soap dry on there, clean a little, rinse it off, clean some more, repeat...

Grab a Scotchguard sponge like the one the wife uses to do dishes and use the "rough" side.

Unfortunately this nice 10 footer didn't make it out of the fire .....I was about 75% complete with the reseal....

But.....I did come up with a cabover curved section repair which will make a lot of folks happy and save a ton of time in repairs....that'll be another thread

And....keep your passwords on another thumb drive..or the same one

Day to day Ripper.....mr fixit doesn't have his 4 generations of hand tools anymore...ugh

We saved our original 10' nco.....the co was going to be a Christmas present for my son...brutal

The inventory of personal property could go on for some serious time.....being a retired construction guy with decades of big budget projects and 15 years of legal work makes it's somewhat easier but it's still time consuming.

Every day there's more....my smoker got saved with only minor repairs necessary but all the apple chips " went up in smoke"......lots of apple chips.....and the 3 cords of firewood really produced some heat and in good quality firewood form..left very little ash.
But the 50 pounds of vac packed salmon got a little over cooked

You have to find humor in it....it'll drive you crazy if you dont

that's a lot of fish.. salmon is my favorite though.
best wishes and have a happy thanksgiving

33#-10oz

Attachments

• IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 72
Great catch!!

Overcooked fish...sounds like you got salmon jerky with a charcoal reduction :oops:

Glad you got one AK out at least, but hooboy

Back
Top Bottom