East Coast FWC

WarpathEngineering

Hello everyone!

I ran across this site looking for additional info on Four Wheel Campers. My wife and I had our first trip out West this summer (loved it!) and while we were in Yellowstone, I saw a truck with a Four Wheel Camper perched atop. I must say, for being a newbe, I was impressed! And that was from the outside. As far as the inside goes, I've only seen photos.

So now that the introduction is over, I've got some questions.

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to have a Grandby shipped to the East coast (No. Kentucky across the river from Cincinnati, OH)?

Anyone know where I might get my hands on a used one somewhere around here?

If I'm forced to buy one from California, any options worth having, not worth having?

Is there room up in the cabover for a traditional bed mattrass?

How's the quality control? Any problems to look for?

Looking forward to your advice and comments!

Searching

Check out the "used four wheel" listed in this forum. Marty from Allterrain Campers has a few plus is a builder himself. Craigslist always has campers. I search under "pop camper" for sale and then rv. The grandby is very popular so there is usually several listed. I don't search the east coast so that my be more difficult. Four Wheel Campers I believe are more of a West Coast thing. Good luck with your search...captainkettel...

Welcome to the forum W.E.

Like the rest of the members here, you've been bitten by the FWC bug.

I'll try to address your questions one at a time.

E-mail the factory, I'm sure they ship. Cost is the main factor.

If you decide to buy used take your time, They are out there. You may have to drive a little bit but you'll find the right one.

Scroll through this forum and you will find good discussions on options. I bought a Granby with most of the options. PM me if you would like a detailed list and opinions.

There is not enough room in the cab over for a regular mattress. The factory one is very comfortable. The wife is very picky and she likes it.

Q.C. is pretty good, I had a few small problems that the factory fixed, I could have fixed them myself but the factory is close enough to me to have them fix it. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom