East Coast Wander

4buckeye

Advanced Member
Here we go! First "real" trip with our new FWC! We picked this baby up from Wisconsin back in March and did a trial trip to "Land of the Lakes" in Kentucky and then headed to the Smokies after. (Which I'll post about later.) This trip we have packed up and moved (temporarily) from Ohio to Bangor, Maine. Here are a few tid bits of the trip on the way out here.

First stop, Niagara Falls, NY

058.JPG

064.JPG

068.JPG

That night we stayed in Four Mile Creek State Park (way too busy for our liking, but it was getting late and we had many more miles to cover).

IMG_1495.JPG

Then stopped at a local Greenhouse to pick up something to make the camper feel 'homey' and smell wonderful!

IMG_1496.JPG

And to try some local NY wines!

IMG_1497.JPG

We had a nice night and morning at Cranberry Lake (in the Adirondack Area).

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

Stopped at The Cottage, in Lake Placid, NY for lunch. Met an awesome retired couple and we ended up sitting with them for lunch. Fun conversation and not a bad view.

IMG_1512.JPG

Arrived at Moose Brook State Park late that night for our final night on the road for the week. Spotted a moose as we were headed to the bathrooms, 2 sites down from us. Unfortunately, we didn't have our camera, and fortunately (for us) it spooked and ran off.

Entering Rumford Maine, we came across this neat little waterfall. Look closely and you'll see there's two stow-away passengers in his canoe!

IMG_1520.JPG

That's it for now. I know it's a tourist trap, but we'll probably visit Acadia National Park this upcoming weekend. Any other suggestions on more remote, cool spots (in northern Maine)....let me know!

Have you been to the Bold Coast, just read about it. You could stay at Cobscook Bay State Park.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Rob in MT...we ended up going with your plan. It was pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom