Eastern Sierra & Bodie Hills

Another wonderful TR. And, kudos for reporting the fires. You two are wandering fire lookouts. We may get to the eastern Sierras at the tail end of our Wyoming trip to catch peak fall color as it starts in late September. Maybe we will run into you.

What can I say? You folks are setting a fantastic example to all of us.

I looked up Potato(e) Peak, and noticed we have driven right by, coming up Aurora Cyn Rd.
Will have to check that out someday. Good work being fire spotters!

It's been very smokey most mornings, but the low pressure system kicked up the marine flow and afternoons have been blessedly clear. Fire season is upon us like a vengeance, and your vigilance is appreciated. Thank goodness you were able to report the fires early enough to get them put out!

Must have been extremely dry. When the lightning storms rolled through the mountains around Bieber we usually didn't see the fires until the next day. At least you had real fires. The rangers at Plumas Eurkea State Park were complaining people were reporting the smoke from the rim fire.

craig333 said:
Must have been extremely dry. When the lightning storms rolled through the mountains around Bieber we usually didn't see the fires until the next day. At least you had real fires. The rangers at Plumas Eurkea State Park were complaining people were reporting the smoke from the rim fire.
Interesting,I searched the Eurkea SP shows camping is closed for the season,but when you click on campsite availability it shows that it's a W,first come first served.Can you camp there after 1 Sept?
Frank

Thats odd. I would imagine camping stays open until the snow flies. I'd give them a call to verify.

Back
Top Bottom