Eastern Sierra Fall Foliage Forecast?

I got home last night, still plenty of time to get to the area unless a storm comes along and blows off all the leaves.. Here's a few samples.

Attachments

• _DSC4042b.jpg
    _DSC4042b.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 110
What Mark said :)

what both of them said... :)

K6ON, thanks for the Lundy Lake shots. Weather is cool here in the mornings and we're closing the windows. We open the one over the bed to sleep at night until it drops into the mid 30's. Fall's starting to take over!

I got home last night

Quick trip for a retired guy. I waved at you as you passed Heenan Lake Sunday AM. We were in the lower parking lot.

Quick trip for a retired guy. I waved at you as you passed Heenan Lake Sunday AM. We were in the lower parking lot.

Sorry Ted, I sure would have stopped and said HI if I'd seen you. As usual, me not paying attention..

K6ON, thanks for the Lundy Lake shots. Weather is cool here in the mornings and we're closing the windows. We open the one over the bed to sleep at night until it drops into the mid 30's. Fall's starting to take over!

Ski,
You're right, the two lake pics were at Lundy. The creek pic was on the June Lake loop, and the last one was on Monitor Pass.

Spent Sunday night at Twin lakes, got down to 25, Monday night at Gull Lake, only down to 31 there :)

Beaut shots guys! New camera Bob? Wow!

Cooling off here on the coast, first dose of morning offshore winds, islands looking crisp. Fall in the air here for sure.

We did a quick tour from Truckee, to Yuba Pass / Gold Lakes Basin area. Along Hwy 89 north of Truckee there's some nice aspen, willow/larch/birch color. Hwy 49 between Sierra City and Bassets was looking prime this afternoon. Other aspens were still green.

Overall I would say we're at 40-50% As dry as it is, the shift could happen pretty fast.
That's specific to the Sierra north of Hwy 80, not the southern Sierra.

I'm over here now, camped at the southern edge of Jordan Basin, overlooking Lundy Cyn.
In the stretch I've been so far -- Mono to Sweetwaters -- there are places where it varies from green to yellow to brown in the same grove. It looks like there's a tendency to go quickly from yellow to brown this year. So...not a banner year, but still plenty purdy. :)

I'm over here now, camped at the southern edge of Jordan Basin, overlooking Lundy Cyn.
In the stretch I've been so far -- Mono to Sweetwaters -- there are places where it varies from green to yellow to brown in the same grove. It looks like there's a tendency to go quickly from yellow to brown this year. So...not a banner year, but still plenty purdy. :)

Mark/Fall adventurers:

:)My turn on Wednesday to enjoy the fall colors!---But i'm heading west for the next week or so to the coast (Westport SB area)[Fort Bragg]-then once the rabbit brush is out of my system i'm heading (I hope), to the east side of the Sierras and Nevada then north again to Susieville. Mark you be still out and about on the east side in say two weeks from now or so? Who else out there will be out enjoying the Fall colors over the next 2-3 weeks on the north coast and/or eastern Sierras/ Nevada? I don't know how much territory I'll cover, but I got this crazy plan to make this huge circle - like run and let my nose and "Bob" determine where I go for the next 2-3 weeks. May even power back here after some time on the coast-check the cat and my mail, then south down 395! Wish I had a lap top to communicate, but have my cell phone and anyone thinks about a possible get field together send me a message here and we'll see what happens.

Hope this bite I'm taking is not to big, but with all the smoke and super hot summer and no snow last year might as well enjoy the travel weather for a while. I have my new sat. dish so I can watch the Giants and 49ers etc, so I'm going real adventuring as retired "folk" should do, just got to remember to vote.:LOL:

Smoke

Smoke-
I'm heading for home Sunday the 21st, passing through your town on that day, probably, on my way to Redding for another o'nite visit with folks.

Back
Top Bottom