Eastern Sierra Nevada - June 2020

Those climbers had old school trad gear, not much different than I used too long ago.

We need to get ourselves over to that area again.

The edges of the Tablelands seem to have their share of petroglyphs and signs of habitation.
Your keen eyes spot things I might stroll right past.

Lighthawk said:
Those climbers had old school trad gear, not much different than I used too long ago.

We need to get ourselves over to that area again.

The edges of the Tablelands seem to have their share of petroglyphs and signs of habitation.
Your keen eyes spot things I might stroll right past.
Andy, yes they did and it looked like gear hanging in our closets too!

Yes, the whole area out there looks like it was area well used and where people and culture thrived. It is so much fun to pick up clues and investigate!

Thanks for the nice comments! :)

Missing Link said:
Ski - That was a particularly complete and pristine habitation site that you came upon . . . thanks for sharing.
Thanks Richard! And who knows what future investigation may uncover. :)

The searches continue.

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Great reports! I, too, have a wife who likes to wonder off when I turn my back. All things considered, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
MDR, thanks for chiming in with such a nice comment. I wouldn't have it any other way either! :)

Thanks for that one! I enjoy your and others' explorations in what feels like my backyard. I can learn new places and things to try to find within an hour or less from home. More really fun mysteries to solve!

I think I see where you were camped in the Benton hills area, unless those photos were some of those intentionally misleading ones you have said you've done before. :) Now I'm going to have to go and try to find that amazing site you found asap! My wife has been bugging me to go camping anyway, but in a tent since the FWC project is still progressing. I bet there are still some footprints left too... I know better than to ask for details. :p

I can see the back side of those big rock formations from my window! We've been playing in that area since before we lived here.

Thanks! Good luck with the nightmare when you get home, if you ever go home!

CoreyTrevor said:
Thanks for that one! I enjoy your and others' explorations in what feels like my backyard. I can learn new places and things to try to find within an hour or less from home. More really fun mysteries to solve!

I think I see where you were camped in the Benton hills area, unless those photos were some of those intentionally misleading ones you have said you've done before. :) Now I'm going to have to go and try to find that amazing site you found asap! My wife has been bugging me to go camping anyway, but in a tent since the FWC project is still progressing. I bet there are still some footprints left too... I know better than to ask for details. :p

I can see the back side of those big rock formations from my window! We've been playing in that area since before we lived here.

Thanks! Good luck with the nightmare when you get home, if you ever go home!
Corey, thanks and have fun out there! :)

ski3pin said:
Corey, thanks and have fun out there! :)
I went out and wandered around. Didn't find your find but I did find two stone circles I thought I might have spotted on GE. Not near each other, and about 13 to 15 feet in diameter each. No petros though.

We will probably camp up there often, so I can keep looking around for the rest of my life!

CoreyTrevor said:
I went out and wandered around. Didn't find your find but I did find two stone circles I thought I might have spotted on GE. Not near each other, and about 13 to 15 feet in diameter each. No petros though.

We will probably camp up there often, so I can keep looking around for the rest of my life!
Then it's time for another trip. :)

The search is the most fun. Finding is just icing on the cake. :)

It was already time for another trip. It's only 40 minutes from my house.

I went back out to look for another circle I saw on GE. In a few hours I found that one and 5 (!) others I just happened onto. All within about 1/2 mile of each other.

Was it just a really popular area?

teledork said:
I believe this is the tree and rock at the Granite Mountain campsite. We named it Rattlesnake Camp for the little one which crawled out of the fire ring.

attachicon.gif
Scan 19-44-37.jpg
And I believe you are correct! :)

Back
Top Bottom