Easy cooking.

BobM

When we dry camp, I don't like to waste water doing dishes or time for that matter. At home when making dinner etc. I make a large batch and vacume/freeze the left overs. When camping, just boil a pot of water and add the packages
20170521_193854.jpg20170521_193858.jpg20170521_193905.jpg

BobM said:
When we dry camp, I don't like to waste water doing dishes or time for that matter. At home when making dinner etc. I make a large batch and vacume/freeze the left overs. When camping, just boil a pot of water and add the packages
attachicon.gif
20170521_193854.jpg
attachicon.gif
20170521_193858.jpg
attachicon.gif
20170521_193905.jpg

We often do the same. The water can then be used for any needed cleanup.

On my fall excursion to the Colorado plateau I almost always make a big pot of chili before I head out. Take about 1 1/2 gallons with me, makes it so easy just to heat up a yummy dinner. Ron

The Mrs. and I vacuum seal and reheat in the bag for lots of different food stuffs. Keeps things simple & clean.

Wash our dinner plates & silver ware in the preheated water & finis!

Since we don't run with a refrigerator, another advantage to vacuum sealing is it provides for a much more hygienic system for ice-chest food storage of perishables, especially when compared to Ziploc type bags. Vacuum sealing greatly reduces the potential for bacterial contamination from melt water. :oops:

I use a Vacmaster but it's much too expensive really.

Someone here recommended the Food Shield brand as it allows the use of normal bags instead of 'vacuum' bags which will save a ton very quickly. I can't cut and paste but a link is four threads down from this one.

Back
Top Bottom