Effective Bug Removal

Radicalfil

Advanced Member
Anyone have a tried and true method of removing a weeks worth of bugs from the camper face?

I have heard that Lemon Pledge can be effective. Whats your experience?

Phil

Anyone have a tried and true method of removing a weeks worth of bugs from the camper face?

I have heard that Lemon Pledge can be effective. Whats your experience?

Phil

Hi Phil, it's been a problem for me. The best method for me short of the pressure washer which I don't like to use on camper, is water as hot as you can stand it and good car soap, with a soft brush. It seems to me that you need to let the bugs soak for a while before they come off, but it works. I once tried Pam spray before the trip, works pretty good, but it gets everywhere when you spray it, but you can hose them right off.

Yeah, I think any kind of "release agent", e.g., PAM, Pledge, ..., would have been a good idea. But I took off on a trip around the Gulf of Mexico two years ago and plowed through love bugs the whole way out and back. Simple Green took 'em off.

I just tried the Lemon Pledge method with a nylon brush. Then repeat application and rub down with blue paper shop towel. Good as new!

It works really pretty good and it is slick enough that makes hand scrubbing a little easier.

Trickier will be those small pizza colored :eek: ones that are behind the cab in the middle of the overhang. Might have to wait for the time when I remove the camper from the truck.

Phil

yes, bugs suck on the camper...

I have tried this on the front of my truck and camper and seems to work...
wet them, cover with paper towel or cloth, keep them wet for a while, then wash. Seem to come off really easy if they soak......

Pre-waxing does seem to help as well.....

good luck.

dave in seattle

Protect All

In Ben's Tips and Care of Camper thread he mentions a product called Protect All. I've used it with good results. It's easy to apply and most of the bugs will wipe off with a damp cloth if the leading surfaces have a good coating.

In Ben's Tips and Care of Camper thread he mentions a product called Protect All. I've used it with good results. It's easy to apply and most of the bugs will wipe off with a damp cloth if the leading surfaces have a good coating.

Yep! That's what I've been using with great results :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom