Electric Jacks

snorris

Anybody using electric jacks on a Hawk? I live in an area where I have to unload tc when I come home. That means at least once a month I will have to load/unload tc. Is it a big hassle to use the manual jacks by yourself? How hard is it to get to the tie down turn buckles and undo/redo them? I have not purchased the Hawk or truck yet. Still trying to figure out the right combination. Thanks for any input.

My two cents - of course it will work. I have a few buddies with the full size 3500 pound plus campers and they love them.
Even come with a hand held remote control. Downside - they cost lots of money.

You just get the electric model rated for the Hawk. - 2,000 pounds. They are a 12 volt system - 60 amp running off truck system.

See link http://www.riecotitan.com/camperjacks/electricjack.php

Isn't any harder to get to the turnbuckles either way.

I advise contacting your local RV dealer that sells these systems, go see demo than you will know what is involved and Read the instruction manual available on the website.

KILR0Y said:
Recommend you pay $20 for the drill adaptor. I can load or unload quick with that sucker on my cordless drill! Will save you both time and big bucks...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Wander The West mobile app
That is what I do. Putting the jacks on and off takes longer than taking the camper on and off.

I use the drill adapter also, but only while the legs are not under stress. I use the hand crank to tighten/loosen the legs and once they are supporting weight. I sheered the pin inside one of the legs using the drill once when it went from easy moving to under stress. Creates a problem when you have a leg extended and no way to raise or lower it. :unsure: Had to raise it clear of the ground with the other three legs, unbolt it from the camper, and then lower the camper using only three legs. Made a temporary fix with a nail but Reico sent me a new pin no charge.

Ted said:
I use the drill adapter also, but only while the legs are not under stress. I use the hand crank to tighten/loosen the legs and once they are supporting weight. I sheered the pin inside one of the legs using the drill once when it went from easy moving to under stress. Creates a problem when you have a leg extended and no way to raise or lower it. :unsure: Had to raise it clear of the ground with the other three legs, unbolt it from the camper, and then lower the camper using only three legs. Made a temporary fix with a nail but Reico sent me a new pin no charge.
Good idea to order an extra pin, I have only lifted at home so I might have a roll pin that would work. My Skill 18v drill driver has a high speed or high torque switch. I use only the torque setting when moving the jacks and variable speed will get real slow and still move the jacks. I would not use my corded drill as it does not have the high torque setting.

Back
Top Bottom