Electrical Questions ~ 1969 8 ft. NCO

Grrlartist

Advanced Member
Okay, so I'm just starting to try to figure out the electrical in my 1969 NCO. I was told it was okay to run a heavy extension cord to to the camper to diagnose the system so I got brave and did that.

Nothing, no response inside the camper at all. I've got this setup on the outside:
20170612_133019.jpgconnector 1.jpg

And then I have this pigtail: pigtail.jpg The three ends of the pigtail do match the three connections on the outside, but that leaves no place to attach an external power cord, so am I correct that the pigtail is for running interior lights off the truck battery when you don't have shore power? I remember reading somewhere about wiring the lights into the tail lights of the truck (anybody got directions on how to do that?), but I didn't get that far yet.

So, is it running an external cord for shore power OR running interior lights off the battery via the pigtail, but not both at the same time?

For my immediate needs, I have figured a simple workaround for 110 inside the camper at a campground, but I'd still like to understand use of the pigtail..... thanks!

The good news is you have the pig-tail to wire up the AK properly. If you look at one of the PINNED threads above it has the manual for....you guessed it...a 1969 AK!

Print that out and I think all will be easier to figure out. If you had a meter or test light that would be helpful...right now maybe the PO had 12-volt light bulbs installed and by hooking up 110-volt shore power to them they are kaput.

Let us know how that works out and if you need further assistance!

Thank you, Packrat! I will study up on the manual and see if I can work it out. Many thanks to the internet and all you Alaskan gurus for the shared resources~

Back
Top Bottom