extra bunk?

caseboy

i have a 1964 10ft nco. i've been thinking about making an extra bunk that goes across the front end at the top of the seat backs.if not for sleeping,maybe for storage(my wife packs alot of stuff). any ideas?

wes

i have a 1964 10ft nco. i've been thinking about making an extra bunk that goes across the front end at the top of the seat backs.if not for sleeping,maybe for storage(my wife packs alot of stuff). any ideas?

wes

maybe surplus army stretchers

thanks for both suggestions.i'm cheap ,so i'll look into army cot at surplus store.i'm still toying with idea with some stuff i have laying around the shop. i'm also thinking of making an awning out of recycled rv awning material or even tarp.

wes

I bought a 8 foot NCO last year with a odd floor plan and they added a bunk like you want. I took it down when I got it home and just now looked at the parts in my shed. I'll try and explain. Looks like the piece that goes in the front is a 6" by full 1" x 78 3/4" board with a piece of 1/4" plywood fastened to it with a hinge. The plywood is only about 2 foot by 4 foot(I now remember it had a ugly mattress on it). Not sure why it was that small and will pull the parts out and take pictures soon.

There are also some other boards full 1" that are painted to match that you would put under plywood. The purpose of the hinge is so when you have the top up you can fold the bunk up against the front wall for more room sitting I suppose.

It was in place when I brought it home and I took it out and have done nothing with camper or extra bunk. The guy I bought it from used the extra bunk (with kids?). He got camper from his father and owned it 15-20 years between them. I'll try and get pictures of bunk and then take it to camper and put in place to show everyone. Dan

thanks, i'd like to see pics. if you have trouble loading them here, you can send to my e-mail. cty87300@centurytel.net. i brought a nice shelf home from my work that is white painted 1/4 inch rod in 3"grids about 15"x70" overall with nice wood trim around it.it may work. if so, i will post pics. if not,we'll try something else.i found an awning at a fella's place that restores rv's. it's on an old tent trailer and is contained in a hanging pouch.he's undecided if he wants to part with it though.

wes

I still haven't figured out how to make my pictures smaller. I sent them directly to Wes and will try to get them on here. Still need to get pictures with it in Alaskan. dc

Try this tool.

My link

I still haven't figured out how to make my pictures smaller. I sent them directly to Wes and will try to get them on here. Still need to get pictures with it in Alaskan. dc

just finished my shelf for stowing gear.came out pretty good for scrap around the shop.it's not stong enough for a bunk(for my girth anyway),but it will hold lots of stuff.it flips up out of the way.if it doesn't work out ,i've only invaded the camper with 4 screw holes

wes

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 180
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 176
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 157
Back