EXTRA EXTRA Read All About It

chnlisle

Post Master
Hi everyone,

I've come to a decision that has taken me several months to reach. I will no longer be an All Terrain Camper dealer. I will forever have nothing but good things to say about the superior ATC and for sure the wonderful guys that build them. They offered me a once in a life time opportunity to sell a product that I believe to be the very best of its type available. Marty and Jeff will always be my friends and I feel very lucky to be able to make that statement. They've always treated me well and I have loved every minute of being their dealer.

At 72 I was thinking its time to spend more time traveling. This became glaringly clear a week ago Sunday when I my wife Pam had a heart attack. For years we talked about semi full timing (6 months at a time) But when I almost lost her last week that time became NOW. She is recovering nicely and our wonderful cardiologist expects a full recovery.

I will be taking down the ATC portion of my web site but the Engel Products will still be there as I can for the most part handle those sales and still travel.

Please know I still will be glad to answer any questions regarding the ATC but as of now The boys in Sacto will be the place you can buy ATCs. Which I might add is a great place to do business.

I will still be an active WTW member and cherish all the friends I've made here so that aint gonna end.

Hope she is getting better by the day, and yes, it is time to go and enjoy your time and family!

Jay, I'm sure it has been a difficult week and your decision to spend more time enjoying retirement is the right one. But don't think of it as something you need to do before time runs out. My Father had a heart attack at 60. At 65 he learned to SCUBA dive. At 85 he went by himself to Costa Rica. He outlived several of his doctors. Like him, I hope you and Pam have more years discovering what life still has to offer than you can even imagine at this point.

Ted said:
Jay, I'm sure it has been a difficult week and your decision to spend more time enjoying retirement is the right one. But don't think of it as something you need to do before time runs out. My Father had a heart attack at 60. At 65 he learned to SCUBA dive. At 85 he went by himself to Costa Rica. He outlived several of his doctors. Like him, I hope you and Pam have more years discovering what life still has to offer than you can even imagine at this point.
Just to add another anecdote along these lines- my father had serious heart issues at 70. After some tweaks to his diet and regular visits with a good cardiologist, he had a great life, including world travel. He and my mom had a memorable trip to Alaska at age 85. He died at 89. While life doesn't go on forever, it is possible to enjoy it right to the end. :)

Jay,just returned form a short trip and read your post.
Glad Pam is doing well.Take care of each other and get some traveling in.
Enjoy life.

Again happy to hear Pam is doing well.
Frank

What every one else said X2. The DW and I are planning to do a lot more traveling too, so looking forward to seeing you both on the road soon.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom