F150 with a 2150 lb payload for a Hawk

Hi Stokeme
I would not change tire size, but would look at getting tires rated for the weight you are looking at in your load calculations.
You have a new motor to break in, I avoided O.D. For the first 500 miles and did not load my camper for first 1,000.
Also I was thinking my cargo calculation included fuel and passenger weight, yours is dry and you would need to subtract those from you 2700 lbs.

Russ

Stokeme, Do you know if the Build Invoice will state the official payload rating?

Thanks

My understanding is manufacturer payloads include a full fuel tank and 150 pounds (an ASTM standard) for the driver but no passengers. Brochure/online payloads do not include options like trailer hitches and skid plates while door sticker payload does include optional equipment. Removing the tailgate would add payload capacity.

A 36 gal fuel tank and 2-3 more MPG (V-8) would greatly add to driving distance between fill ups.... hmmmmm

Researching a bit, on a Ford F-150 forum, page 257 of a 2011 manual, states that a full fuel tank is included in the std. payload ranking.
Not ... any passengers or the driver. There will be a Yellow Sticker with payload number issued with, & adhered to, each truck built. The full fuel tank is a big relief because that ‘is heavy’ & was not considered when I was deciding between f150 vs f250.

Happyjax said:
A 36 gal fuel tank and 2-3 more MPG (V-8) would greatly add to driving distance between fill ups.... hmmmmm
In my son's 2014 5.0 4x4 (36 gallon tank), we only had to stop twice for fuel driving from CA Bay Area to Boulder, CO. Averaged about 18mpg's. My 2005 F250 would have needed at least double the stops. This is a great road trip vehicle. Afterwards I joked with him that I might move my Four Wheel Camper off my F250 and take over his truck (since I'm making the payments).

Agreed Stokeme. The Yellow sticker states that:

"The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed XXXX Kg or XXXX lbs"

No mention of gas or other mechanically necessary fluids

Stokeme said:
I did not consider fuel, thanks, that could be weighty. It comes w/36 gal tank.

I haven't checked the specs on the 2018's but make sure your getting the 36 gallon fuel tank. When I ordered my 2016 it was no longer standard on anything and I had to order it. It does make it nice only needing to stop once a day for fuel. Somedays I don't even need to stop.

Back
Top Bottom