Contributors

Attachments

• himarc_f650_specs.jpg
    himarc_f650_specs.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 571
Is that Jay Shapiro's truck?

this monster was also on a Ford F-650

:eek:

That may have started as an F650, but it's about 5 times further from an F650 than the Tow Missile is from an F250.

****, do these come with a gas station?

What mileage do you get out of these monsters? I guess you don't have to worry about narrow spaces, you just plow through, right?

But still, I think I'll stay with my little Tacoma

Eco Roamer, or Eco Destroyer??

Haha, yeah I thought it an odd name for a rig like that. Suck down gas and all if you want but don't go giving your rig a happy earth name as well. :rolleyes:

Haha, yeah I thought it an odd name for a rig like that. Suck down gas and all if you want but don't go giving your rig a happy earth name as well. :rolleyes:

It's not sucking down gas, but most of those F650's are Cat. powered, and probably will suck down a fair amount of fuel.

I’ve thought about this. Here is what you need to consider. My rig, built for two people, gets about 18 miles/gallon at best with the camper on.
If you look at it in terms of gallons/mile/person it works out to be 1gallon/18miles/2people = .0278 (rounded off) gallons of gas to move each person 1 mile.

Now look at a rig like the EcoRoamer. This rig is designed for a family of 4. I will take a wild guess and say he gets about 10 miles/gallon. So in doing the math…. 1gallon/10miles/4people = .025

In other words he is using less gas per person and has a load of creature comforts to go along.

I’ve thought about this. Here is what you need to consider. My rig, built for two people, gets about 18 miles/gallon at best with the camper on.
If you look at it in terms of gallons/mile/person it works out to be 1gallon/18miles/2people = .0278 (rounded off) gallons of gas to move each person 1 mile.

Now look at a rig like the EcoRoamer. This rig is designed for a family of 4. I will take a wild guess and say he gets about 10 miles/gallon. So in doing the math…. 1gallon/10miles/4people = .025

In other words he is using less gas per person and has a load of creature comforts to go along.

Interesting: 1 gal / 13.5 mpg / 6 people = 0.01234567 gallons diesel per person per mile. NOTE: reduce further if you count the dog...

I think the ECO roamer is cool, but overlarge. I kind of think my F350 is overlarge...

Scott,
My guess is more like 8mpg taking it easy. My experience over the years with large diesel vehicles with standard transmissions and trying to conserve fuel is the 8 figure. Still I dont think they care.

Scott,
My guess is more like 8mpg taking it easy. My experience over the years with large diesel vehicles with standard transmissions and trying to conserve fuel is the 8 figure. Still I dont think they care.

Jay,

I agree, the 13.5 figure is my truck. I suspect Mr. Shapiro -- I think that's his name -- gets 8 to 10 mpg...

Somewhere he explains the EcoRoamer name... I think it made sense...

SB

Back
Top Bottom